Chapter 38 Hearing Noises

London's POV

After everyone leaves for game night, Kyle and I get ready for bed. I braid my hair and put my pink bunny shirt on.

I start brushing my teeth when I hear a sound. I get out of the bathroom and head over to Kyle.

"Did you hear that?" I ask.

He looks up from his book. "No, I can't say that I did."

I squint my eyes and pout my lips. I head back into the bathroom and spit in the sink.

I hear a scrap against the window. I open the blinds and see car lights roll in. Nothing too bad.

I head out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I put a filter in the coffee machine.

"You aren't having coffee at 11:00 at night, are you?" Kyle questions me.

"No, I'm getting it ready for the morning."

"Hey, have you spoken to Brenda from work lately?"

"No. Wait, there's a Brenda from work?" Kyle nods.

"She's new. She works at the other end of the office."

"Oh. You seem to know a little bit about her, huh."

I walk over to him and put his bookmark in his book. "Should I be jealous?"

He smiles at me. I smile back. "No, you shouldn't."

His phone buzzes and he checks it. He lets out a chuckle.

"Who is that." I ask. Smiling at him.

"What?" He says in a high voice. "Defiantly not girlfriend Brenda from work asking me out. What are you talking about."

He gets up and hugs me. "Does she put up with the fact that you have a fiancée?"

"Oh, yeah! She even has a room devoted to you."

He kisses me. I pull back.

"Tell her next time that your fiancée knows about it." I kiss him again.

"I can't, she is moving somewhere else."

I smile. "Where is that?"

"Um," he looks up. "Pine Tree Street Avenue Park Way?"

I smile and kiss him.

"Ok, well, I'm heading to bed and.."

I get interrupted by a knock at the door. I open it and look down.

There is no one there. But there is an envelope.

"London? Who is at the door?"

I walk over to him, envelope in hand.

"An envelope. Addressed to you." I say and hand it to him.

"Oh, it's from Brenda." he says. I smile. "In kidding. It's from a Jefferson."

"Who the heck is Jefferson?" I say. He shrugs.

At that moment I hear a bang. Like a car door slamming. I look outside and see no one there.

Kyle opens the envelope and shows me a piece of paper.

It has a note on it.

Hello, London and Kyle,

Remember our old hang out, London? The one by the sea. We went on out first date there.

I held your hand as you ate your lobster.

You were so pretty. With your hair up in a ponytail, and your napkin always flying in the wind.

You loved that day, didn't you. Well, until I broke your heart.

I am sorry for that.

I see that you moved on fast enough. To be fair, I moved on while I was dating you.

Meet me, at our old hang out. Same table, same time. If you don't remember, read the back.

Oh, and bring your fiancée, too.

I flip the paper over to see a date and time.

Tomorrow night, 7:00. Table 4.

I look up and Kyle and sigh. He nods.

"I just have one question." Kyle asks. I nod. "Who is Jefferson?"

"It isn't someone named Jefferson. It's Chris. That was our spot. I'll ask him about the Jefferson thing tomorrow."

I guess I'm doing this.

Authors note:
Meeting up with Chris. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow. There will be a follow back.