Chapter 36 The story

Patricia's POV

I sip my tea. I take a big gulp and take a big breath.

"Well, I was in jail. I thought a lot about revenge. Too much, now that I think about it."

"Let me guess. You got punched in the face and your life flashed before your eyes." Quinta jumps in. I hate her.

"No. Um, my cell mate. Her name was, uh, Marcia. She told me why she was in jail. It was the plan I had for you. I didn't want to go back. So I decided that I didn't want it get revenge. I told Chris and he agreed with me."

"Well, what was the plan?"

"Uh, the plan was, um, uh, well, I'm embarrassed."

"Why? Because you ain't got no plan? It was all fake. Admit it!" Quinta yells. She tries to high five London. But she scoots away.

"I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously in that." She points to the big sweatshirts in a stain on it.

"Come on! I was in the zone."

"Sorry."

I giggle a little.

"Well, back to my story. We swore that day that we would never hurt you again. We just want you to believe us!" I start tearing up a little. That tear turns into a sob.

London comes over and hugs me.

"Hey, Patricia. I believe you. Now, how about you go home and get a big bowl of ice cream. Binge watch some TV and stay up till 1 am."

I nod to that. I get up and walk to the door. London shuts the door behind me.

I stand by the door for a minute. I hear their conversation.

"Did you believe her?" I hear Quinta yell at London.

"No, I just want her to believe me."

I rush over to my car and drive off.

Authors note:
Did you believe Patricia? Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. There will be a follow back.