𝟙.𝟜: ℍ𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕀𝕤 ℕ𝕠𝕥 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕝

—Narrator's perspective—

"He's not my boyfriend." Hope defended and slightly offended that Lizzie assumed that Landon and she were together. Arabella felt herself felt calmer when she heard it, wait but why?

"If we had something from it, we could do a tracking spell." Lizzie informed and all out of the blue, Landon came up to them with a tired expression from all the running.

He held his hand up, holding a skin. "Would its face work?" Arabella frowned at how he got it.

☘︎︎

The phone that Mg was carrying around started to ring. He gave it to Lizzie to handle while they continued to run towards where the spider was.

"I suck at lying." Lizze whined and turned her head besides her. "You're great at it." She gave the phone to Landon who non-knowingly grabbed it.

"You're his favourite." Landon passed the phone to Hope who also took it confused.

Hope gave it to Arabella besides her. "You're his bestfriend." She remarked and sent a teasing smile before hurrying off. Arabella clicked her tongue and gave it to Lizzie again.

"You're the hero." She shrugged and got a few distance away from Lizzie and having no choice but to answer the call and they all stopped to take a breath

"Hi, Daddy!" Lizzie was right at this one, she can't even sound happy on talking to Alaric.

"Hey, thought I'd call check in, see how things are going." Alaric spoke from the other line, besidess him is Matt Donovan who was listening as well.

"So good." She awkwardly said and Hope gave her a support nod.

"Really? Define 'good', Lizzie, Because I don't think that involves me tracking down Dana's body to the glove compartment." He spat angrily and looked at the skin.

Arabella frowned. "A glove compartment, really?" She whispered and everyone shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Was that Ara? Let me talk to her." He ordered which Lizzie gave the phone to the girl forcefully.

Arabella closed her eyes for a second before putting the phone against her ear. "You have impeccable timing, Ric." She said in a sarcastic way. "Don't worry, we cracked the case. It's a spider. But very huge one."

"A spider? I told you to keep an eye out while they search for Dana, not the monster itself." He said and sighed making Arabella roll her eyes. "Whatever they're thinking of doing, don't, okay? So just keep my daughter and students right where you are and tell me where to find you?"

Arabella looked over Hope and the others who was shaking their head and telling her no. Eventually, she gave in and sigh. "Your daughter is persistent, Ric. See you later and I better not see you-know-who in the school when we get back." She hung up and tossed the phone to Mg who caught it.

"You-know-who who?" Mg asked and Arabella shrugged before speeding away from them. Everyone soon followed with thoughts on why the Vampire looked so distressed.

It might be petty for Arabella to hold a grudge for so many years against Matt, but she definitely has no remorse. Since the start, the girl did everything to protect him against Damon's wrath but in the end, He ended up betraying Arabella for the most messed up reason.