𝟙.𝟠: 𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖 𝕀 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝔽𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕

—Narrator's perspective—

How can a vampire feel back pain when they're dead? Well that was the question Arabella was asking herself throughout the rest of the ride since she can't find a comfortable place so rest. Then she had to hear Alaric's personal knowledge of what he knows about biomass or whatnot. After the lecture, Hope had to be forced on answering his questions, all in while because it's almost the midterm examinations.

"And that is how osmosis works." Alaric finished just as he pulled the car on the side of the street, arrived in a house. "Is this the place?"

"Great. I felt like my mind was about to explode if you kept going." Arabella whined and pushed open the door, leaving an agreeing Hope.

"Yup. And not a moment too soon. Pretty sure you were about to tell me how babies are made." Hope remarked, looking over the house.

Arabella leaned on the car, waiting for the two others to get out as well while she stares at her phone. There was a text message from an unknown number yet, she didn't want to open and read it. Something of it felt odd.

"Hey." The Tribrid called out once they got out, pulling her by her wrist. "I feel too intelligent if Dr. Saltzman keeps telling me the importance of History wars." She shuddered and wrapped her arms around Arabella who was chuckling.

"He is trying to help. You're the only one between us three that actually needs to study." She remarked, looking over the girl who only hummed in response of her statement.

Alric eyed the two of them when they stepped up the porch. But glued his mouth shut when they still had a mission to do.

"We should come in hot. There could be a jabberwocky on the other side of that door for all we know." Hope said and let go of Arabella's arm, looking at Ric seriously.

"Nonsensical poem written by?" He asked, looking inside the house for some glimpse of humanity inside.

"Charles dodgson." Hope answered right away.

"Wrong. Lewis Carroll." Alaric looked at her and walked to the door.

Hope chuckled. "The pen name of Charles Dodgson. I'm crushing English, too." She hummed and sent a wink to Arabella who laughed in response.

From inside the house, somebody screamed and alarmed Hope who placed her hands up and pushed. "Patere." then, The door slammed open leaving Alaric and Arabella sighing. What could go wrong? The witch was the first to come in and immediately regretted it when all that consists of in the room was two old people watching their annual horror movie on live.

"Hi. I uh— What-What are you watching?" Hope asked in a high pitched voice and looked at Arabella for help who felt the tension in the room increased.

Alaric came rushing in as well and got flustered by their situation. "Oh... I'm so sorry that we've ruined your lunch. I promise we're gonna replace your door. Ara compel them— That's some compass we're in the wrong place." He stammered and looked at the two girl.

The Vampire laughed and compelled the two people to forget what happened and that they should probably consider on fixing their door sometimes. Hope looked at the door, the mailbox and the one Landon has of the compass was inside, hidden.