𝟙.𝟙𝟚: 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖'𝕤 𝔸 𝕄𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕪 𝕆𝕟 𝕄𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥

—Narrator's perspective—

"Girls, you take the fountain area. I'll need to steal Arabella from you until further notice. See what you can find out." Alaric said and Arabella wasn't too keen on being away from Hope but she herself didn't have any choice.

When the three left the car, Arabella sent a simple smile to Hope and Ric drove off again before she can even see the girl's reaction. They started waking on the sidewalk, Arabella about to burst out of laughing when she saw how tense the two looked.

Instead of teasing, she complained. "I could be with Hope right now, you know. Not be a third wheel to whatever's going on between the both of you." She crossed her arms while walking in the middle of the two.

"There's nothing going on." Alaric said a little too high pitched which left Arabella to scoff.

"Nothing at all." Emma added, her lips went to a straight line in awkwardness.

Arabella stopped walking, something caught her ear which Alaric questioned on what was the hold up. "I hear something. Shush." She pointed at him and looked at the ground to focus. "It's like something's buzzing? I have no clue what this is."

"You're like a hundred years old, Ara." Ric deadpanned making the girl glare at him.

"I don't see you helping." She retorted and they continued to walk. "Why am I even here again?"

Alaric and Emma sighed, shaking their heads while they ask a few more townies if they've seen any peculiar recent activities.

"Something buzzed all right..." Ric said and looked back, seeing a swarm of insects about to hit them. "Run. Run!" He shouted and the three began to dash through the sidewalk, running back to the car.

Arabella first got inside, almost tripping and hitting her head on the window but pulled herself together when the other two came inside too.

"Is it the end of the world or something?" She murmered, looking around the windows of the van when the bee looking flys were surrounding them.

"These hornets, they're indigenous to Africa, or Southwest Asia. I mean, they shouldn't even be on this continent." He chuckled and looked at the two girls besides him.

"How would you even know what kind of hornet this is? You're a geek, Ric." Arabella said, having nothing else better to do than to be crammed between two adults who won't even look at each other.

Emma had her hands on her eyes. "Oh... What are they doing here?" She complained and never dared to look.

"Oh, you guys, it's so obvious, you're gonna kick yourselves." Alaric said, still fascinated by the hornets around them which honestly creeped Arabella out.

"I can't do this. I simply can't. I can't do it." Emma whimpered and shook her head. "Creepy crawlies. I hate them."

All of the sudden, the hornets died down and disappeared from their eyes. It was on the ground, dead.

"Well would you look at that." The Blonde said and sent a simple smile to Ric.

"If I could look, I wouldn't be covering my eyes, Arabella." The counselor retorted, still oblivious of what happened.