𝟙.𝟝: 𝕄𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕠𝕣𝕖

—Narrator's perspective—

          "You did what? Kaleb He'll be so upset!" Arabella said while she sat on the concrete floor, leaning over the bars while on the other side, a vampire is on the brink of his thirst.

"Hey, he deserves it. Mg will get over it and I'll walk out of here by the end of the day." He spread his arms wide open in victory. "Besides, when I win, I'll convince Dr. Saltzman to let you in the council."

Arabella rolled her eyes, "I don't like politics, Hawkins," She stated. "Just because I told you I'm from the 1800's, doesn't mean I have responsibility over things."

"Yeah and Dr. Saltzman will still put you in the council. You're the oldest vamp in school and he trusts you." Kaleb replied back and scooted towards the bars. "Look, I don't even trust myself on what shirt to wear for the day. Can't as hell be responsible for everyone who's undead here. I could use the extra strength and knowledge." He bargained, hoping for some sort of acceptance on her face.

She groaned in defeat. "If the choices are tough, I'm relying on you to take the fall." She joked and her answer only made Kaleb clap his hands in victory.

"You won't regret it cap."

☘︎︎

"Why are your eyes purple?"

"Genetics."

"Were you really a witch before?"

"Yup."

"Is Klaus Mikaelson your bestfriend?"

"Was my bestfriend— Look are we going to keep doing this all day?"

Arabella teased and Hope chuckled giving up and hid the lie detector under the jacket on her arm. "I'm having fun with these, mind me."

"If you just wanted to know my entire life then you could have just asked. I'm not about to lie to you again." She smiled softly which made Hope got flustered when the ball on her hand lit up blue.

Out of the blue, "You two said you'd help me get answers." Landon came rushing in with a questionable face walking to them.

"I didn't even want to do this. Don't blame us because you're not special." She fought and Arabella looked behind her to admire the view while ignoring the feud behind her.

"I apologised for lying to you. I explained why I took the knife. Why are you still so mad at me?" Landon questioned in a frustrating tone.

"I'm not mad. I couldn't care less." Her tone was obviously well hidden and she was lying.
Landon easily caught the lie and gave her a look. "Fine. It's easier to be mad."

"Why?"

"Because it is!"

"Or maybe it's because you feel like if you stop being mad, you're letting your guard down, and the legendary Hope Mikaelson couldn't possibly do that." Landon spat in a scoff which alarmed Arabella who turned around and secretly glare at him.

Hope sighed in a split second. "When I let my guard down, people disappoint me." She explained more truthfully.

Sadly, Arabella turned around again, leaning her figure on the ledge. There it was again, the unbearable need to protect Hope Mikaelson even though she already knew that Hope doesn't need protection. Bella got lost in her thoughts, thinking of anything else of a reason on why she keeps feeling like this. Then her idea went to what Emma said to her in their session.