𝟙.𝟡: 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕎𝕒𝕤 ℍ𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝔻𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤

—Arabella's perspective—

          For my rest of the day, it included Hope trying to helped me stay awake. By her constantly being adorable as always, her pulling me to our room to do something I'd rather not say, her making me tell stories about my past. I also found out that we met Seylah's mother and she shot me right on my shoulder. Well that would explain why I had a bloodstain on my shirt when I woke up from a field.

"Ha, you're falling asleep." I pointed out when I saw Hope blinking out of character. I was too much of an idiot, a very tired idiot, to even dodge the crumpled paper Hope threw my way.

Hope was studying and I was doing what I do best by helping her stay awake. "Oh shut up it's not like you're tired too." She remarked at me making me snort and shrug.

"That pile of knowledge can help you stay awake." I pointed my finger at the stacks of books and papers. "And you studying can totally help me stay awake." I said in a totally not flirting way which made the girl blush in front of me.

"Well, I can think of ways to help us both to stay focused?" She suggested, a hint of something lingering in her tone. It took a second before it was my turn to blush. Damn you Hope.

"Ha, nice try. Unlike me, You actually do need to ace your exams. For your future and all." I said, resisting the urge to jump on her right now before we actually do something we regret. "Besides, Ric will kill me if he finds out I'm the reason why you flunked history." Shuddering, I told her.

Hope laughed and shook her head in dismay. Probably because my supposed pale cheeks are supposed to stay that way instead of red creeping its way. "Well what other suggestion do you have? It's not like learning world war 1 is going to help me stay awake."

"I have no idea but I'm pretty sure you can..." I stopped when I felt a sudden lash of sleepiness hit me. Where did that come from? "... you can manage.."

"You okay?" Hope asked, standing up from her seat and sitting besides me in worry. "You look a little... is it a bad girlfriend move if I say miserable?"

I let out a laugh and postured myself quickly. Probably because I'm tired or something. "I don't think you'd be the bad guy. This tiredness I feel is exhausting." I groaned and laid on bed.

"Nu-uh. You can't just lay in bed without falling asleep." Hope said and started to pull my arms until I was already sitting up again and I groaned in protest. I Didn't even noticed how she was already sitting on my lap.

"Trust me, I would go and face my fears and fight a night hag in my dreams rather than to feel 'miserable' all the time." I emphasised and it sent Hope chuckling looking down on me. "How the hell did you get on my lap?" Now I realised looking at her in disbelief.

"Oh, I'm smooth like that." She answered with a grin and wrapped her arms around my neck making me clear my throat of the sudden tention in the air.

I looked at Hope, more like glare. "Get off my lap."

"Or what? You'll sleep on me?" Hope retorted and undeniably leaned her face closer to mine making me stop breathing at how close we were.

"You have to study." I whispered, seemingly enough to have no ounce of self control when it comes to this tribrid that won't stop teasing the hell out of me.