𝟙.𝟠: 𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖 𝕀 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝔽𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕

—Narrator's perspective—

          "After the night I had? Always knew that whenever something good comes up, a disaster is waiting on the other side." Arabella whispered besides Hope who chuckled lowly at her behaviour. "Just grab the keys before Ric goes indiana jones on us." She waved her hands in a dramatic way and Hope smiled at her, time and time again, she would always remember why she likes Arabella.

Hope discreetly took the keys from the drawer and showed it to her. "You happy now, drama queen?" She questioned and walked past her to the exit. Arabella rolled her eyes and closed the office door before following the tribrid.

The two went only as far to the door when Ric showed up out of no where behind them. "Going somewhere?" He asked and it made the two girls turn around. "Better questions, where the hell do you think you're going with my keys and without telling me?"

"Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so I just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering." She said and Arabella hid her laughter.

Alaric scoffed, "At 3:00 a.m.? Hope, you don't have a driver's license."

"That's why Bella here is with me. She also said mean things and we're guilt ridden." Hope said in a high pitched voice and nudged the girl's side making her nod to Ric.

"You were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony. You're ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and you've made it very clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second?" He sighed in question, clearly ignoring Arabella's existence who stayed silent. Hope pulled her sleeve up and showed the bracelet to Ric. "And what is that?"

"It's basically a supernatural compass." Hope blankly said and dropped her act.

"Well, I hope it's pointing you to your room. 'cause that's where you're going." Alaric nodded with his lips pressed into a thin line.

"We're going after Landon. If this thing is glowing, that means that he's in trouble." She explained and the two shared a look before Ric gave in quickly.

He nodded, "Then we're all going, and I'm driving." Alaric said and looked at Arabella. "We're switching shifts." He pointed at her.

"Well great. Change into something more formal then we can go." She said making Hope falter a smile, looking away before Ric could see it.

☘︎︎

"Indiana. Crossroads of America." Alaric
sing-songed while he kept his hand on the wheel. "What's the Capital?" He asked to Hope quickly.

Arabella leaned her head against the window, stuck on having a huge headache and got defeated by Hope Mikaelson on the shotgun seat. It's been hours and the sun already come up.

"We learned that in, like, eighth grade." Hope boredly said and looked back out the window.

"Oh, good, then you should know it." He replied while keeping his eyes on the road ahead of them.

"I didn't say I absorbed the information."

"Yeah, well, you're not saying much of anything. Look, If you can't handle grade school geography you're gonna flunk all your exams. You too Ara." He looked at her through the rear view mirror.