𝟙.𝟙𝟙: 𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℕ𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝔸 𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

—Narrator's perspective—

          Arabella rounded the corner when she finally arrived from where Dorian told her to go to. She exhaled when she saw Hope with them, still disturbed of what she learned from her. Nonetheless, she walked towards them in a bored way.

"Latest monster?" She asked and they all turned their attention to her, Hope stayed staring at her when she remembered what she said earlier.

"Good you're here." Dorian said and told her what happened before continuing. "Okay, we have no idea how long the unicorn was infected before it keeled over. So, we should figure this our right now." He said while all of them were flipping through pages of multiple books.

"I thought only one monster comes for the urn at a time." Landon asked in confusion of their situation.

"Except the unicorn wasn't the monster. It was just the host to this thing." He pointed at the jar where a slug looking creature was in. "A parasite. It hitched a ride here in that trojan horse, and then it moved on to us. From what Hope describes, it sounds like it latches onto the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain associated with inhibitions."

Arabella frowned, disappointed of the truth. "So she was like, drunk?" She asked and crossed her arms. There was something inside her that was pleading that the slug controlled you, not show your inhibitions but she was wrong.

"Slug-drunk?" Hope questioned in a disguted tone.

"Since we have multiple slugs, it must replicate inside the host, and then lie in wait for the opportunity to infect someone else." He explained more thoroughly.

"I'm good on the gory details, thank you." Hope said and closed the book on her hands. "How do we stop it?"

"That's the weirdest part. I can't find any ancient legends about a creature like this." He sighed out in defeat, everyone seemed to lose hope when Landone spoke up.

"Invasion of the body snatchers? The faculty. I say again, wrath of Khan. Sci-fi is our
modern-day myths." He pointed out. "Meaning they could have been inspired by something, right? In thise movies, it's all about mind control. Before the slug popped out, Hope wanted to take the urn someplace. I'm guessing Malivore." He finished and everyone looked at each other.

Dorian exhaled, "So, it's like an infection. It gets worse as it spreads. Stage one, it lowers your inhibitions. It makes you act out of character. Stage two, once you're susceptible to suggestion, you'll do whatever the slug wants." Hope picked up the jar, looking at their latest monster more up-close.

"Till stage three. You go the way the unicorn." Landon finished.

"Did you see this? Part of this thing looks bioluminescent." Hope pointed out, observing the slug more.

Dorian reached inside his bag, finding something. "Let me check that out." He said and took the jar, pointing a light and pointing it at the jar. "See that?" He asked and pointed the light to the slug, then moved to Hope's face which a trail of the bioluminescent was going through her nose.

"Okay..." Arabella whispered, giving a thumbs up to Hope who was curious.

"I don't want to know, do I?" She asked and everyone agreed to her.