𝟙.𝟠: 𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖 𝕀 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝔽𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕

—Narrator's perspective—

Alaric had already went out first, letting the two girls behind to pick themselves up. Hope was the first to wake up, feeling someone asleep above her making her gently smile. She sat up, going besides the girl and holding her waist, resting her head on her shoulder.

"Hey, wake up." She whispered, planting small kisses on her jaw to wake up the vampire who was groaning gently and opened her eyes. "Ric already went first."

Arabella blinked a few times and saw they were in a parking lot by a motel. She could see Ric contemplating on what room to go in, practically confused and lost.

"Can I go back to sleep and you wake me up again like this?" Arabella joked, looking over to Hope who planted a small kiss on her cheek again.

"As much as that sounded tempting," She whispered and pulled away with a sigh. "Landon still needs saving. Come on."

The Vampire whined but still exited the car, stretching her limbs for a few seconds until she heard the car door close again. She felt a hand crept up to her neck, Hope's slightly smaller figure came to her view.

"Something you want?" Bella asked with an arched eyebrow, looking at her light blue eyes visible from under a streetlight.

"Nothing. I really want to go to that milkshake right about now." Hope answered with a simple smile, admiring the purple orbs delicately.

"I promise, We'll get one." She answered and it made smile at her words before leaning in to capture her lips gently.

The two stood besides the car, Hope wrapping her arms around Arabella's neck to secure their position slightly. Both of them can't help but feel addicted to each other's warmth. Especially Hope who had to yell at herself internally to pull away before someone walks in on them or before Landon actually gets killed.

"We better go." Hope whispered once they parted, making Arabella groan playfully but smiled.

The Vampire heard something clicking from where she saw Alaric get inside a room. She looked at Hope alarmed and the girl gave her a nod, gesturing for her to hurry and do what she does best. Arabella used her Vampire speed to see a woman pointing a gun at Alaric, Seylah was too quick and her instincts kicked in, turning the gun to her and fired.

Hope showed up in time, flicking her wrist and the gun was on her hand in seconds. She knelt down to Arabella in a worried look, "You okay?" She asked and the girl groaned and panted nodding, taking out the lead from her shoulder with a silent gasp.

"Tell me where he is before I blow your head off." Hope threatened and helped Arabella stand up before walking towards Seylah, pointing the gun at her.

Alaric carefully pointed the gun downwards before Hope could actually do that. Landon came rushing out of the bathroom because of the gunshot that recently fired, looking surprised to see the three by the door.

"Oh god— Is she all right?" He said and rushed besides Seylah, looking apologetic to Arabella who held onto a nearby wall, steadying herself.

Alaric and the two girls looked at each other in relief when they saw Landon unharmed and okay.

"She's a vampire. You're lucky that she is or else I would have done worse than what you've done." Hope glared at Seylah who nodded, taking note of the threat.