𝟙.𝟝: 𝕄𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕠𝕣𝕖

—Narrator's perspective—

Arabella opened the sliding door, letting Hope get inside before she can. She closed the door behind, looking at the people inside the room with all who in which looked shocked to see Hope.

"Sorry we're late." Hope hummed and went besides Arabella with a sigh.

"Hold up. Who voted for her?" Kaleb questioned, specifically to the tribrid who entered unannounced.

"I ran unopposed. Bella's here because Dr. Saltzman trusts her judgment." Hope explained and sat down, gesturing the vampire to sit down besides her which she did, no questions asked.

Emma brought her hand up and spoke in a foreign language. "We're here to discuss if Landon should be allowed to stay at the school. My vote, on behalf of the lower school, is to err on the side of inclusion. We exist to help kids like him." She placed the stone on one side of the weight, it going to the right. "Which is what I'm going to go do now. I have a search party out looking for Jed. As you've all seen, violence leads to more violence. Kaleb, Arabella, You two can vote seperate. If you'll excuse me." She finished and left the room, leaving the room for them to talk.

"All right, who wants to start?" Kaleb asked, looking around the circle of students in question.

Hope was the first, "Landon has to go." She spoke out of the blue and everyone looked at her, Rafael being the only one who is mad.

"Never thought I'd be saying this, but... Hope's right. Humans refuse to make a place for us in their world. We start letting them in, It's only matter of time before they take this place from us, too." Kaleb finished, picking up a stone from the table and placing it opposite from where Emma placed hers. "Landon goes."

"Landon is my brother. He's the only reason I'm alive. He can't go back to human life knowing that magic and dragons exist. We took his whole crappy life from him. Be awful selfish of us not to give him one to replace it." Raf grabbed the stone, setting it from where Emma made her decision, countering the one Kaleb placed his. "That's two-one."

"Doesn't matter how much we want him to stay. Look what one mad wolf did to him. Earlier, I asked him if he felt safe here. He said yes. He was lying. This place is dangerous for him and even he knows it."

"I will protect him." Rafael spoke quickly.

Hope shook her head, "And where were you an hour ago? That's the point. If he stays, it's on all of us. It is all of our responsibility to protect him. Can we honestly say we believe every one of us can handle that kind of a responsibility?" Hope placed her stone with Kaleb's, making the vote tie and with Josie to break it.

The witch looked at Raf, guilt ridden and turned to Arabella to help but she shook her head, saying she should be the one to choose.

"Josie. Please." Raf pleaded, looking at her for helped.

"Since Landon walked through those doors, my sister, my father and I have almost died. We don't really know what Landon is, so we can't really say if we know if he's dangerous or not. Raf this isn't about who's friends with who or who you like. This school is family, and I am not putting my family in danger again." Josie finished, placing her vote on letting Landon leave making Rafael sigh.