𝟙.𝟞: 𝕄𝕠𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕖 𝔻𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥

—Narrator's perspective—

"It's nightfall and yet, here we are." Arabella whined, her back against the wall while she sat on the floor. Besides her was Hope, and Rafael was across the room, asleep, very far away from the two girls.

"We're you really planning to be Josie's escort?" Hope questioned, igniting a conversation between the two of them since all they did was sit in silence for minutes.

"Why? Jealous?" She teased and Hope scoffed in a totally not jealous way. "I'm joking. Yes she asked me. Her mom, biologically, was my bestfriend too. Treated me like a little sister and Josie remind me of her." Arabella explained while having her arms resting on her knees.

Hope nodded, "You were friends with Josette Laughlin?"

"Yeah and she's here." She informed making Hope look at her weirdly. "Ric thinks she's a monster from Malivore, and I was suppose to be talking to her right now if we aren't stuck in a gym."

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have texted you." Hope sighed which made Arabella shake her head in disagreement.

"It's not your fault." She said and looked over her. "Why did you? Rebekah will never miss the chance on teaching you how to dance."

Hope looked down on the floor for a split second before scooting closer to her. "Because I wanted to talk about what happened last night?" Arabella nodded in a tight smile.

"Right 'cause, I practically destroyed my chances on lying again?" She questioned, eyes were shining bright from where Hope was sitting.

"No." Hope answered and chuckled. "Besides, you still owe me a milkshake." She hinted making Arabella laugh nodding.

"With all that has been going on, you can't blame me for wanting to wait on a perfect day to head out." When Hope was frowning she sighed. "You thought I forgot about it." She stated in a disappointed tone.

Hope tried to evade it but instead sighed. "I expect the worse from people. Sorry." She said genuinely making Arabella nod.

"Well, you don't have to expect the same to me. Unlike anybody else in your life, I'll do everything in your best interest." Arabella looked at the clock, a minute past an hour since they've been here. "Ready to leave?" She asked and stood up, looking over at Raf who just woken up.

"Can you come with me? We still need to change for Josie's birthday, right?" Hope questioned and the two was already walking side by side. "I promise I'll let you go to be with Josie in that party."

Arabella cracks a smile, "Sure."

☘︎︎

"Dr. Saltzman. What's going on?" Hope asked once they saw Ric pinning Jo against the tree aggressively.

The two just got back from changing formally, with Arabella helping Hope with her dress and was about to go on a rescue mission.

"Ara, Hope, I need your help." Ric panted and looked at them, desperate and scared was across his features. "Jo burried Josie somewhere in the cemetery. She might not make it."

Arabella quickly got worried, she didn't waste a second on scurrying to find the siphoner. At first, she didn't know where to start but all she knows is that Josie can't be hurt.