23:

"Ugh, I just know I'm going to fail tomorrows English quiz." Jeno groans, looking through the endless pile of notes in his hands.

"Did you say English quiz?" I perk, taking another sip from my juice.

Our group is currently in the lunchroom, hanging out in one of the only places we can since we're all just high school students.

"Yeah, my English isn't too good." Jeno responds.

"I can help you, I'm fluent!" I smile to Jeno. "Let's study in library afterschool."

"Oh no! Jeno and Mi-sun alone? As in, without others?" Haechan mumbles.

"We cannot let that happen." Jaemin whispers. "If Mi-sun and Jeno-"

"You two know we can all hear you, right?" Renjun retorts. Jaemin and Haechan look around to see all eyes on them.

"You mean, we weren't talking telepathically?" Jaemin ask.

"Annnd, I'm going to get more fries." Yunhee says, picking up her tray and leaving the table.

"Uh," I nervously giggle. "I'm gonna go with her."

All the boys stay back and argue with one another.

"Jeno, what are your intentions with my Mi-sun?" Jaemin questions, focusing on Jeno.

"What do you mean, you're Mi-sun?" Renjun remarks.

"She was my friend first!" Jaemin announces.

"You're really still using the word 'friend'?" Donghyuck lifts an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Jaemin questions.

"Nevermind... "

Me and Yunhee make way back to the table and we all enjoy our meal.

The day ends and I walk with Yunhee out to front of the school with Yunhee.

"Are you sure you're gonna be fine alone with Jeno?" Yunhee questions. She had both her hands on my shoulders as she stared into my eyes.

"Um, yeah... why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you spend a day with a guy and then all of a suddenly you're madly in love with him." Yunhee insist, looking towards Haechan who's waiting with Renjun and Jaemin so that they can all walk her home.

"Don't blame me, blame my boring mind fueled by fanfiction material." I reply and we laugh. "Anyways, I'll be fine, we're just going to study. I will not fall for Lee Jeno."

"Whatever you say... " Yunhee lets me go and I turn around to join Jeno.

We enter the library and take a seat at the table furthest from the door.

I look at the seat right next to Jeno but realize our chairs had a pretty close proximity. I wasn't as close with Jeno as I was the other boys, so I decide to move it back a little to avoid making him feel uncomfortable.

I pull the chair so that there's a bigger gap between me and Jeno and I sit down.

I glance forward to see him giving me a bewildered look.

"You can't see my work from all the way over there. Here." Jeno says and leans himself in my direction. His fingers loop around the top of the chair leg, right under the seat and he pulls it. He only stops once we we're so close that I could feel his breath hit my face.

'I can't like Jeno.' I think. 'I can't just like every boy who enters my life. There is nothing romantic about this scenario. I just need to focus on helping him study...'

"There. Much better." He smiles and turns back to the notes in front of him.