Chapter 8.

Here is Chapter VIII of Unexpected Allies.

I chose to end the previous chapter on when the Company fight the Trolls, for the chapter would have WAY too long and I didn't feel like dragging it at the same time.

So anyway, hope you enjoy Chapter VIII.

The Dwarves attack with their axes, hammers, swords, spears, clubs and other weapons against them in the front.

The other attack from the rear, with Loras and Margaery leading the charge, Jon and Gendry are helping Thorin and Bofur with Bert, Margaery and Loras are helping Dori, Nori and Ori against William, Sam and Daenerys are aiding the others against Tom.

Bilbo uses this chance to go and try to untie the ponies, while Theon uses his bow to try and get a headshot on the trolls, but given the many numbers, Theon puts his bow down, not wanting to accidentally shoot any of his allies, taking out his sword and helps Bilbo to go free the ponies.

Gendry swings his hammer to Bert's knee, right after Bofur drove his weapon onto the troll's toe, Óin and Glóin use their respective weapons against the troll.

As Jon quickly left them to go help Margaery, Loras, Dori, Nori and Ori, with Loras using himself as a shield to protect the three Dwarves, leading him to be pushed back several feet by William's kick.

Margaery was caught off guard by Loras being kicked aside, she accidentally left herself to be wide open and is grabbed by William, while Dori, Nori and Ori try and get Loras back up, Jon grabs his knife from his scabbard and throws it towards William's leg.

Causing the troll to drop Margaery as he cried out in pain from the knife stuck in his leg, without thinking Jon drops his sword and lept towards Margaery.

"I got you!" Jon calls out.

Barely catching her in time, she looks at Jon with shock and awe at how fast he was able to catch her, giving him a smirk at the ranger, Dori grabs Jon's sword and tossed it back to him.

"Ranger!" Dori yells out.

Jon caught his sword and went back into the fight with Margaery keeping her grin as the group charged back into battle.

Sam and Daenerys are helping Balin and Dwalin against Tom after Fili and Kili were taken down, Daenerys is using her small size to evade his attacks, using her sword to slash his legs, while Sam uses Gimli's bearded axe to drive into Tom's stomach, only for the troll to grab Sam instead.

"You're a bit heavier than I thought," Tom says to Sam, who is trying to fight back

Loras, who is back into the battle runs towards Gendry.

"Toss me!" Loras said to Gendry.

Giving his new friend a nod, Gendry waits for a seconds before he tosses Loras towards Tom, who used his Rohirrim shield to bash the troll's face, causing the troll to drop Sam on the ground as the Dwarves keep Tom busy while Loras gets his footing back and helps out Sam.

"I got your back! Men of the Reach, need to stick together," Loras proudly tells Sam as he hands Sam back his axe.

Sam smiles at Loras' words before they return to the battle, both men yelling out a battle cry.

Cutting to the Dwarf Dori, who is soon seen using Gendry's Warhammer after the young man got knocked back, the Dwarf sneaks behind William and sacks the troll with Gendry's Warhammer, the troll cried out in pain of being hit in the nether regions.