Chapter 13.

Hey everyone this is Chapter XIII.

Though as a heads up this chapter will be shorter than my previous chapters.

Also, like to thank the following bands below for their music helping me finish this chapter.

- Within Temptation (Earlier albums mainly, but I still love the band).
- Nightwish (Floor Jansen era, that woman can sing those high notes).
- Visions of Atlantis (Clementine Delauney era).
- Timo Tolkki's Avalon (Mainly the albums Return to Eden and The Land of New Hope).
- Blind Guardian (Mainly the Nightfall in Middle-Earth album).
- Lacuna Coil (Love their music and one of the three bands I have seen live twice, the other two being Halestorm and Three Days Grace).
- Ex Libris (Dianne van Giersbergen is an amazing singer).

Here is Chapter 13 and I hope you all like hope you enjoy it.

Chapter XIII.

Everyone was quite shocked by Thorin & Company's sudden departure from Rivendell and leaving Gandalf, Jon, Robb and Theon behind in the process.

"What on earth is he thinking?" Olenna said.

She could not believe Thorin & Company would leave in such a hurry and leaving behind Gandalf, Jon, Robb and Theon, even if she didn't care for either Jon Snow or Theon Greyjoy.

"This 'Durin's Day' is near and they have little time to reach the Lonely Mountain to open the back door. Otherwise, they will have to wait another year to open it," Tyrion explains his guess.

"Perhaps overhearing Lord Elrond talk about a 'madness' in his family might not have helped either," Varys adds.

"Let us hope they don't get into trouble until Gandalf and them catch up," Mace said to the group.

"With their luck, they are bound to get into trouble," Olenna responds to her son.

Randyll Tarly couldn't believe what they saw earlier, this Dark Lord now known as Sauron is the one who brought evil to the Known World and created the White Walkers that nearly destroyed Westeros, who brought dark magic to Essos and deceiving the Valyrians to study incest to 'keep the bloodline pure'. It made his skin crawl and not many things could do that to the Lord of Horn Hill and the Dark Lord Sauron does, but the First Men, Children of the Forest and the Númenóreans pushed them back. If anything, the combined Commanders in Westeros should be able to beat him like the ancestors of House Stark did thousands of years ago.

Stannis Baratheon turned to Melisandre who gave him a simple nod, they have to unite the Seven Kingdoms against Sauron should he return and get his revenge on Westeros after his defeat thousands of years ago by the Children of the Forest, the First Men and the Númenóreans, but at the same time he and Jon Arryn need to be ready. They must inform Robert of Cersei's children are not his, for they are the Kingslayer's offspring but with Tywin Lannister on his way to King's Landing, for he is tempted to tell Robert.

Only for Jon Arryn to shake his head at him, now is not the time to reveal the truth and he will bitterly respect the Hand of the King's decision for now.

The Blackfish is stunned by what they saw earlier, the White Walkers were real and were created by this Dark Lord Sauron, deceiving the Children of the Forest into making them, only to be pushed back and sent to Essos. Where he tricked the Valyrians into studying dark magic and inbreeding, he does not like this Sauron and wonders how come he isn't dead, but when he heard this 'White Council' speak of this 'Ring of Power' it got him curious on what they were, perhaps they will find out later on.

Ned Stark does not like Sauron from how he was described by the White Council, not only did he nearly conquer Westeros thousands of years ago, but he caused the destruction of his ancestor's Kingdom of Númenór, he felt Sauron's actions are not only insulting but he finds it very personal now on stopping Sauron should he ever return.