Chapter 26

Alright, the Song for this chapter is Onyxia's song.  The warrior - driven gem that attacked and pretty much almost killed Peridot awhile back.  It only fitting for a gem focused on nothing but war and fighting to have a "battle-related " song.  So I hope you enjoy this song for Onyxia and side note, the love that is mentioned in the song. Imagine it as more a neutral "I respect you as my opponent" type of way. Since she doesn't love anyone or have any love interest in the matter.   

I don't own the song used in this chapter all rights go to their rightful owners.

Video: Beth Crowley- Battle Cry (Official Lyric Video)

Original by: Bet Crowley 

________________________________________________________________________________

Before anyone can say another word, something jumped out of the shadows and grabbed Steven.  Who yelled in shock when he saw he was in the back of a large greyish - black cat with a white diamond pattern going up its paws, legs, and ends of the tail. 

 ( What the cat or Panther looks like )

If image is unviable

https://www.deviantart.com/skywardsword25/art/Black-Diamond-s-Panther-817160384

"Wait, are you, Panther?" The cat looked over his shoulder at Steven as Onyxia stood there in shock. "Panther!? What are you doing!? He's the enemy!"   Panther gave her a cold and indifferent look as it ran off with Steven on his back, "wait, where are we going!?"  Onyxia tries to chase after them but  Panther caused rocks to crash down and block the tunnel he ran down with Steven.  Who gasped in shock when he saw they were back in the crystal garden, "the crystal garden? Why did you bring me here? " Panther gentle placed Steven down on the ground as it walks over to the gem crest on the ground. 

Steven had a confused look as the cat walked over and stepped on the white and black diamond crest marks. But soon jumped in shock when a hologram screen appeared in front of him playing some type of video. 

On the video...

Black was running through what seems like a destroyed space station as alarms went off around him. " Midnight!? Midnight, report!? Where are you!?" Midnight suddenly climbed out of the rumble and crawled towards her diamond, "the space station can't handle any more hits, my diamond! We have to leave now!" Black pick up Midnight as he ran through the halls, "not without getting everyone off this ship!"  Fear and determination ran across Black's eyes as he helped gems get in the escape pods and leave. But soon realized he was missing someone, "White! She never left after the routine inspections! I got to get her!" Midnight panicked and yelled to Black, " but my di -!"