Chapter 30

I apologized for posting the video song in the chapter header. It was a technical error that won't let me post the song in the chapter itself. 

Anyways this song  is Silver Diamond's theme

So you can imagine Silver Diamond singing this song. Although it a male version of the song, you can imagine whichever version for Silver. Since the pronouns to refer to Silver are "they/ them" or "her/ she." You may choose which you prefer for the story on your preference. 

Edit:  To anyone  that already read this chapter  or wondered  why the song was changed. After, re - reading  the chapter  and listening to the song a good dozens times, it really  didn't  seem to  fit  Silver Diamond  that well. So, I  searched  for  a better  theme song and  I can say  this one definitely  fits Silver Diamond  much  better.

Original: Jounery - Separate
Ways ( worlds apart )
Video:  Jounery ~ Separate
Ways ( worlds apart ) w/Lyrics

________________________________________________________________________________

 Back in the room...

Black Diamond looked at White with a serious look as White gave him a nervous look. " The only way to end this chapter without anyone getting hurt. Is to move on and forget that chapter ever happened in the first place." White stood there in shock as Black walked up to yellow to reset him, "Black, wait.. please?" Black tighten his pure white-gloved hands to fist as his jaw tightens, "my dear, please don't stop me. Our relationship is far too broken and in a garden of blades that is hurting both of us. There's no possible way to recover and mend what is broken without causing each other pain. Please, just let me go?"  White hugged her arms tightly as reality set in for her and knew Black was right," Wouldn't you regret this, Black?" 

Black had his back towards White Diamond as his form flickered again, "that depends on what happens now... the second we walk out that door. We'll go our separate ways, depending on how we leave it is up to us here and now."   White  hang her head in defeat as Black walked up to her, "I do have one request before we officially separate or in human terms, divorce."  White jumped as she looks at him, "wh - what is that request?"  Black held her hand as he gave her one last sad look, "before we forget each other ... my last request to you is may we fuse into her one final time?" White felt her heart shatter as she hears this and nodded her head yes to the question. 

 Quickly Yellow figured out what was happening and turned on the visual announcement system. Which showed Black and White getting ready to fuse as it was broadcasted throughout HomeWorld. Black took White's hand and pulled her close as White spun around on a single toe.  She gentle caress his neck as Black lifts her up and spun her around.  White didn't know how to explain this feeling in her chest as her heart raced with every passing second. She felt her power waves becoming more and more in sync with Black Diamond's. Memories of them together flood her mind as she wraps her arms around Black's neck.  Black held her as they both were engulfed by balls of light and whispered into her ear, "it is sad ... I will forever miss dancing with you, my dear." 

Everyone that was watching the video was in shock when they saw the silhouette of a single gem. They stood there with sadness filling their eyes as they smile.  As a single tear rolled down their  cheek  while they wiped away their tears, "thank you for allowing me to exist one last time."

 ( what Silver Diamond looks like in their 2nd fusion transformation )

If image is unviable

https://www.deviantart.com/skywardsword25/art/Silver-Diamond-2nd-Transformation-863864518

Yellow and Blue stood there in shock to see there in shock as they see the fusion in front of them. Who still had some signs of corruption by the scales and large snake fangs within their mouth. "Pink Di - Steven? If you can hear me, please use your powers along with the Black's Court's healing tech to fix ... us ... please?" Steven was in shock when he heard this and looked at the members of the Black Court. Who all nodded in agreement and as they bowed to him again while Onyxia looked at Steven. "I do not trust you ... at all especially for what your group has done in the past. But ... if you can help my diamond ... I will stand down and  obey your orders for now."

Steven stood there in shock as the doors to the room finally open and reveal Silver Diamond to everyone.  As their jaws drop to see an up-close and good look at them.  Silver Diamond look at Steven and gently picked up in their hand, "Steven, I am sorry you had to deal with this mess... I am sorry." Steven stood there in shock as he sees tears running down Silver Diamond's eyes.  "You were caught in the middle of this and no one was supposed to get hurt."  Steven nodded his head at them and gave them a gentle expression of compassion, "look, Silver Diamond. For now, can you help the others and Midnight?" Silver nodded their head yes and put Steven down on the floor, "of course, I can do that." 

Silver summoned a white and silver scythe and impaled it on the ground in front of them. A silver aura appeared and spread throughout all of Homeworld as Silver's hair blew wildly out of place, " even if I am to forget everything that happened  ... to hopefully repay a debt I can never fully pay for. You should all be able to remember what occurred from now till eons ago."  White vines grew out of the ground as Silver waved their hands and send a shock wave of power towards everyone. They instantly fell on the floor and held their heads as a wave of memories came rushing back towards them.  While Midnight sat there on the floor as her gem glows black and she was engulfed in a ball of light. As she reforms into her original form and Onyxia quickly caught her in her arms as she woke up, "ugh what happened?" 

Midnight looked up and saw Silver Diamond staring at her, "Si - Sil - Silver Diamond!?" Silver gave her a sad smile, "no need to fear my dear pearl, Steven, will help us."  By that phrase alone Midnight can tell who was speaking since they were not perfectly paired with each other in that aspect.  Everyone followed Silver outside to Black's ship that remained parked in the landing docks. But Silver stumbled onto one knee as they groaned in pain as their form flickered and unfused in front of everyone.  White sat up from the ground and saw Black laying there hissing in pain as bat-like wings grew out of his back. "Black... please?"  White only froze there as she sees her former partner in so much pain and getting corrupted further. 

Steven walked up to Black who was lying on the ground in pain, "Black. I can help you ... we can all help you. Please, just let us help you?" Black lifted his head and looked at Steven, "I won't reject it anymore or fight back. Please, just help me? I already almost died once ... I refused to do it again." Steven gave him a comforting smile as the Black court surround their leader. Each of them used their powers and cause black vines to grow and wrap around Black Diamond.  Midnight bowed to the diamonds as gestures to the vines, " it is alright, touch the vines and all of our powers will combine to heal him." Steven did as he was told and touch the vines as pink roses appear and bloom out of the vines. 

Yellow and Blue did the same thing as more roses grew and bloom on the vines that match their colors. White stood up and gave the vines a nervous look as her hands trembled to reach out and touch it. "Black ... please, forgive me for causing you so much pain?" White touch the vines and watch a single white rose bloom and glowed alone with all the vines and flowers. Midnight walked up to Steven and tapped his shoulder, "now you can use your powers." Without saying a word,  Steven leans in a kiss the vines as sparks of light flew off as it glows pink.   Everyone was in shock when the vines came undone and disappeared into the ground below them. In sheer panic, White ran to Black and lay his head on her lap as she checks his gem and any signs of corruption. 

Her breath was shallow and nearly froze in shock when she saw his gem was no longer cracked and was perfectly back to normal.  Plus, he had no signs of his corruption left on him, not a single snake scale was on his face or body.  Slowly Black opens his eyes to see White look down at him, "part of me will miss you and the time we spent together my dear, but please know that you can grow and move on from this. It will not be easy but... you have a family who loves you."  Black got up and looked at the gems behind him, "I am ready ... please, reset me?"  Peridot gave the rejuvenator to Steven, " It's all set to go."  Steven took a deep breath as he looks at both diamonds, "are you two, ready?"  Both of them nodded their head yes as they stand back to back to each other.