Chapter 11

4 days later...

"Steven, how are we going to cure this gem? It turns into a giant snake! I am surprised Pearl didn't freak out when she saw it." Pearl made a face at Amethyst when she made that comment, "well, I was too busy trying to keep Midnight under control to notice the giant snake that was trying to kill us!" Steven sighs and chuckled at little at Pearl's and Amethyst's playful argument. "Midnight admitted that she doesn't trust us but she trusted us enough to hopefully cure her friend of the corruption. So, we are going to do just that and hopefully, she will trust us and be friends." Lapis was sitting on the kitchen counter as she gave Steven a serious look, "Steven, I know you want to help both these gems but you saw how bad this gem was corrupted." 

Peridot nodded in agreement to her, "in order to fix that gem, it will take large amounts of water from the diamonds to even cure them for even a second."  Steven looked at the bubble that held a large jet black gemstone. "Will just go to my mom's fountain, there should be enough there to cure this gem." Bismuth came into the beach house with a concerned look on her face, " hey guys, I think you should check this out." Everyone grew more curious as they follow Bismuth down to the beach.  Where they saw three  giant metal barrels lying in the sand, "after our trip to the crystal garden, I went back to investigate it and found all these barrels."Steven saw each one had painted diamond symbols on them.   

Bismuth opened a barrel and it was filled to the brim with a fainted yellow color water. Steven recognized instantly, " this water... it has Yellow Diamond's powers in it." Bismuth closed the barrel and gestures towards the others, "my guess is Midnight was being desperate to find a way to save her friend that she started collecting diamond aura water. Anytime a diamond came here and goes in the water, she would collect it. In hopes to have enough to save her friend but I am guessing she didn't have enough and knew there was no way this method would be able to save her friend. So she must have stop collecting and started searching for other ways to make the cure." Steven remained in shock as he stares at each barrel, " let's bring this to the fountain." 

At Pink Diamond/ Roses Quartz's fountain...

Steven watched everyone poured the water-filled barrels into the water. As the water soon became a swirl of colors that matched the four colors of the diamonds. "I think we should let Midnight out of the bubble."Peridot's jaw dropped when she heard this, "what!? She tried to kill us on multiple occasions and now we're going to let her out!?" Steven sighs in defeat, she's the only one that can keep her friend calm enough to get in the water." Ignoring everyone's warnings and arguments, Steven reached into his backpack and took out Midnight's bubbled gem. Without hesitation, he taps the top of the bubble and pops it. Soon after that Midnight reappears in front of him in her full form, "huh, what happened? Where am I?" 

She looked at Steven and then to the fountain, "the water? You... you kept your word?" Steven nodded his yes, "with the water you collected from each of diamonds, it should be enough to cure your friend. We just have to place them into the water and have them stay long enough for the magic to do its thing." Midnight gave a nervous look, "that's going to be the hard part... especially since he can fly and dig underground."  Lapis facepalm herself when she heard this, "great, how are we supposed to help this gem now if they won't stay in the water!?" Midnight hugged her arms tightly as she gave Steven a nervous look, " I can lure him over ... just please, make sure he doesn't hurt himself or anyone."

Midnight carefully walked into the water and stood in the center as the water swirled around her. "Pop the bubble and let him out. But please, be on guard and prepared to strike if you must." All the crystal gems stood on guard as Garnet popped the large pink bubble that held the corrupted gem. Midnight held her breath as she sees the gem glow black and reformed into the giant corrupted snake they saw back in the cave. Letting out a bloodthirsty cry, the snake instantly started to fly in the air with its pure white bat wings.  Pearl and Amethyst quickly fused into Opal who drew out her bow to take aim.  After shooting a single energy arrow at the corrupted gem, it yelled in pain when it blew up in its face. 

 Quickly it dodges the rest of the arrows Opal shot up and flew in on spot in the air. Midnight recognized what it was about to do and screamed out to Steven, "put up a shield, now!" Steven did as he was told and was in shock when the black vines grew reappeared and grew around them in a ring, "Midnight!? What's happening!?" Midnight swam up the snake as she desperately tries to get its attention, "my diamond! Please, don't do this!?" The snake turns its head and glared at Midnight and with a quick swing of its tail.  Midnight was sent flying across the fountain and crashed into the far wall. Groaning in pain she sat up in the water but gaps in shock when five spikes pinned her against the stone wall.

Steven ran in was about to draw his shield out until Midnight screamed out, "no! don't come any closer! This is my punishment.. for locking my diamond up!" Everyone was in shock when they saw her gem glowed black as vines grew out and wrapped themselves around her.  Midnight hissed in pain as she felt the thrones and vines squeeze her tightly. "My diamond! Please, I know anger burns in your heart but please forgive me! I lock you away to not only protect the people of this world but also for your sake! If anyone saw you, they would have killed you on the spot! Ahh!" Midnight screamed in pain again as the snake roared at her in what seemed like to be anger. 

 "Please, my diamond! I am sorry! If you wish to shatter me than do so just please know this!"  Midnight reach out and touched the gemstone that engraved into the snake's head, "I never stop praying and wishing for your return and eternal happiness... my diamond." The snake froze in shock when hearing this but shook its head as the final thrones grew around Midnight as the water wrapped itself around them and forced them underwater.