Chapter 29

Alright, in this song you can imagine everyone in the crystal gems singing this song to the Black Court. As they are fighting each other While they storm the palace and Black and White are trying to talk things out before things get out of hand. 

Don't own the song used in this chapter all rights go to their rightful owners

Video: Ilse DeLange - Lay your weapons down (lyrics) 

Originally made by Ilse DeLange

________________________________________________________________________________

Steven stood on the other side of the door using his powers and was in shock when he heard this. "Black? He knows that White told me?"  Before he can say another word he jumped in shock when he saw Onyxia  threw an  arrow at him, "what!?"  Opal quickly jump in front of Steven and protected him from getting hit. But it caused Pearl and Amethyst to un - fuse and lay on the floor in front of  Steven. Onyxia march towards Steven as anger burned in her eyes, "I don't care how many gems I have to go through, I am going to get my diamond out of this miserable place!"  Steven panicked and knew that if she breaks through the door, she'll ruin everything. "Onyxia! Please, just give me  5 minutes!?"  An arrow floated and hover near Steven's neck as she glares at him. 

"Open the door or get shatter, your choice."  Steven focused his telepathy powers on Blue and Yellow to warn them. "Blue! Yellow! The Black court is right outside the door! I have to drop the aura n order to hold them off long enough! Just get Black and White to do something!"  Steven stop his aura powers and drew put his shield to get ready for a fight. As he saw the rest of the Black Court running towards him from down the hall. 

Back in the room...

Black heard the noises outside the door and knew instantly his court was right outside the door. "They're here. If you have any last words to tell speak now or forever hold your peace!"  White gave him a nervous look as she falls to her knees in front of him, "I couldn't handle it!" Black look down at her in shock when she heard this, "what?" Hugging her arms as tears rolled down her eyes, White admitted the truth, "I couldn't handle the fact you were gone and I couldn't face anything that had a connection with you otherwise I will break down! I wanted to forget all the pain of losing someone I loved so long ago! I forced myself to be perfect to change and forget the gem I was when I was with you! I couldn't handle it!" 

Black stood there silently as he finally hears the truth from White and pulled up a hologram screen. That was broadcast through the whole palace so everyone can see Black Diamond and hear what he said. "Members of the Black Court, stand down now and lower your weapons!" White looked up at Black in shock as she hears the fighting outside the door suddenly stop and everything fell silent. "You? You gave the order." Black gave her a sad look as he helped her stand up, "all I wanted was the truth, and I would give the order. Which you did  so I gave the order to stop the Black Court's attack."  White realized what she said and turns around so she doesn't face him, " I can't face you... you worthless gem!" 

Now that Black knew the truth, her words no longer felt like blades being stabbed into his chest. Instead, her words were filled with sadness,  pain, heartache, and grief.   "My dear ... know that I know the truth, I can understand how you are feeling.  I know now how much grief my supposed death has caused you. " White felt her walls crumbling down as Black took her hand as she had her back to him. " what are you planning on doing?" Black sighs at her question and stare at Yellow and Blue, " while there was a time we once love each other and felt like a fairytale in a wonderful story. But that chapter in the story has ended and we're the only ones that can close that chapter to the story."

Meanwhile, outside the door...

Steven stood there in shock when he heard Black Diamond give the order and he saw every member of the black court. In front of him drop their weapons and did the diamond salute when they saw their diamond.  "They're standing down... they're standing down."   Steven's eyes widen in shock when he saw one of the members of the Black Court walk up to them.

"   Steven's eyes widen in shock when he saw one of the members of the Black Court walk up to them

 ( What Black Spinel  looks like )

" Hey, there. Um sorry about the whole attacking and totally trashing the place. But can you blame us when we only want to see our diamond safe and sound?"  Steven looked at her and the others and realized how much they care for their diamond. "You're the spinel in the court?"She took off her top hay and bow to Steven as two doves flew out of the hat. "Black Spinel is my name and performing magic tricks is my specialty."  Steven saw each member remain bowing as Garnet walked through them in shock, "Steven, we found Midnight but she doesn't look well since she still a puppet." Bismuth followed behind Garnet as she was carrying Midnight in her arms.   While everyone in the Black Court gasped in shock at how bad she looked. 

Onyxia ran to Bismuth in anger, "put her down, now!" Bismuth gave her a confused look, "but she -." Onyxia drew out an arrow as anger burned in her eyes, "now!" Bismuth did as she was told and put Midnight down on the ground.  Onyxia went up to her and desperately try to search for any signs of the black pearl she knows. "Midnight, I know you're in there so snap out of it and listen to me!" Midnight gave her a lifeless look as she nodes her head, "I am sorry but I do not follow your commands for the fact you are not my higher up I serve." Onyxia groaned in anger as she ran her hands through her hair, " no! Would just stop and listen to me!" Midnight gave her a serious look as she walks towards her. 

"you are not my higher up, you're merely a soldier gem, while I am a pearl that serves my diamond. So, I am a higher rank than you so stand down, now!"  Onyxia stood there in shock and knew she was right about being a higher rank. Steven watched Onyxia hangs her head in defeat as she bows down in front of Midnight on one knee.  Pearl jumped in between them and tries to prevent them from fighting.  "Enough! Both of you serve the same diamond! So, lower your weapons and stand down!"  Midnight didn't listen to Pearl and drew out her fans as she got ready to fight, " nothing you say will change my mind or the diamond I serve, White Diamond!"