Champions

It had been two weeks since the first day. I walked into Defense against the dark arts and took my seat next to Cedric. Cedric was my only friend in that class.

Today we were supposed to practice offensive and defensive spells. "Get in two lines and you are going to duel the person across from you when it's your turn." Said Professor Moody.

I got in line in front of Cedric. We were about 5 people from the front. When it was my turn I was up against Marcus. Of course. I rolled my eyes as Professor Moody counted down from 5. "5,4,3,2,1."

I began to say a spell but Marcus was faster. "Bombarda!" He yelled. I felt myself fly back into the wall. "Bloody hell, you were only supposed to disarm her." I heard someone say. Cedric ran over to me and held out his hand.

I grabbed it and tried to stand but I couldn't. My leg hurt too bad. Moody came over and looked at it. "Take her to the hospital wing." He sighed. Cedric picked me up bridal style and carried me out. "Thanks." I said. "No problem." He said.

We got to the hospital wing and Cedric laid me on a bed and sat in a chair beside me. "You don't have to stay, you didn't get to duel yet." I said. "I'm not just going to leave you here, and I don't need to duel. I know I would win." He said smugly. "Sure." I said sarcastically.

Madam Pomfrey came over and inspected my leg for a while. "Oh dear, looks like it's broken." She said. "Great." I said sarcastically. "I can fix this right up, it's a very clean break." She said.

She pulled out her wand. "This might hurt." She said. I felt a sharp pain. I closed my eyes and grabbed the nearest thing, which happened to be Cedrics hand. A couple moments later the pain stopped.

I opened my eyes and stopped squeezing his hand so hard. "Good as new." Madam Pomfrey said smiling. "Thank you." I said as she left. Just then all my friends burst in.

"Y/N, are you ok?" Asked Fred. They all walked over to me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Marcus hit me during a duel. Luckily Cedric was there, he helped me get here. I broke my leg but madam Pomfrey fixed it." I said. I saw him look down at my hand and realized I was still holding Cedrics hand. I quickly let go.

"Thank you Cedric, I'm gonna kill Marcus." Said Lee. "No problem, and please do." Said Cedric. "Are you ok to come get lunch now?" Asked Jordan. "Yes please, I'm starving." I said getting up.

We walked into the great hall and Cedric said "I'm gonna go now, see you later." "See ya Cedric." I replied. We all sat down at the Gryffindor table and began to eat.

App it was time for the goblet to choose the champions. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection." Said Dumbledoor. The lights dimmed and the fire in the cup turned from blue to red.

A price of paper flew out and landed in Dumbledoors hand. He opened it and silently read. "The Durmset champion is Victor Krum." He said. Everyone erupted with cheers.

He announced that Fluer was a champion also. It's was finally time for the Hogwarts champion. I was so nervous, who is it going to be? A paper flew out of the goblet once again.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory." Dumbledoor said. Cedric? We all cheered for him, I was worried for him but still happy. Dumbledoor gave another short speech but the lights dimmed again and the fire turned red.

What's going on? Another paper flew out of the goblet. There's only supposed to be three champions. Dumbledoor caught it and opened it. I heard him mumble something but couldn't make out what it was.

"Harry Potter?" He said loudly. I looked over at Harry. How did his name get in their. He's so young, what if he gets hurt? Harry was looking around looking confused as well. "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled.