The Yule Ball

It was finally the day of the Yule Ball, it was also Christmas Eve. The girls and I signed up to help decorate for the dance but the boys didn't want to.

I woke up to Christmas music playing at a very loud volume. I opened my eyes and saw the boys dancing in front of us. The twins were dressed like elf's and Lee was dressed like Santa.

I sat up and looked over at Jordan and Hazel who were both equally as confused. We all made faces at eachother then burst out in laughter. "What the bloody hell?" I said still in a fit of laughter.

The boys did there little jig until the song ended. "We rehearsed it all afternoon yesterday." Said George. "Did you like it?" Asked Fred. "I honestly don't know if I liked it or hated it." Said Jordan. We all laughed.

"Thank you for that, now you have to leave so we can get ready." Said Hazel. The boys left and we got ready. When we got down to the common room they were all in normal clothes but still had their hats on.

"You guys look ridiculous." I said laughing. "No we don't." Said Fred. "We look christmassy." Said George. "Ok." I said sarcastically as we walked to the Great hall. We sat down and ate, enjoying the Christmas decorations and cinnamon rolls.

When we were done the girls and I left for the ball room to help McGonagall decorate. Despite using magic it took a long time. We got a break to eat lunch, which we ate with the boys.

"How is decorating duty?" Asked Lee. "It's actually really fun. We get to listen to music and use magic to set stuff up, McGonagall even showed us some new spells." I said.

"Like what?" Asked George. "Diffindo, makes thing rip." I said. "We also learned one that pelts snowballs at people." Hazel said. "Well what is it?" Asked Fred. "It's a secret." I said.

"Just tell us" Pleaded George. "So you could use it against us? No way." Said Jordan. The boys frowned and we laughed. "Sorry." I said sarcastically.

After lunch the girls and went back to decorating. It took until dinner to be done. When we were finally done we went to dinner and ate with the boys again. The whole time they begged us to tell them the spell but we just laughed.

We soon finished and went to our dorm to get ready. After about an hour we heard George say "Are you guys going to be done soon?" from downstairs. "Not a chance." We all said laughing.

We did our makeup, and hair which took 2 1/2 hours because we were dancing and having fun while we did it. We were in the middle of putting our dresses on when we heard Lee say "Girls, the ball is starting!" "We'll be down in a minute, just go without us and we'll meet you there." Said Jordan.

"Alright, don't take too long." Said George. "We won't." Said Hazel. We finished getting in our dresses and a put in some perfume and headed down. We walked into the common room but it was empty. "Everyone must have already gone." I said.

We walked to the the ball room and opened the doors. As we walked down the stairs I saw the boys and Cedric below, waiting. I saw George look up at Jordan and smile. He nudged Fred and he looked up, his eyes immediately fell on me.

He has dropped and he smiled. I looked back at him and smiled shyly. I didn't even notice that Cedric was looking at me too. We got to the bottom of the stairs and the boys walked over to us.

"You look beautiful." Fred whispered to me. I felt my face get hot and looked at him. "You don't look too bad yourself Freddie." I said smirking.

"It's time for the champions dance." Said Cedric as he held out his hand. I took it and walked with him. The champions and there dates had to take extra dancing lessons for this.