3

-Kylie's P.O.V-

I woke up the next morning with a killer hangover. Today I will be doing nothing. I picked up my phone, I noticed a new Instagram notification which is weird because I hardly ever post anything. A new follower, @noahbeck. I laughed to myself. He had a private account so I requested to follow him back. I locked my phone and let it fall and hit my chest. I looked up and threw my hands over my face. A few seconds passed and my phone buzzed again. He accepted my request. That was quick.

I couldn't help it I clicked on his profile and started creeping. I was over a year deep into his profile and stopped on a photo of him with a girl. She was pretty, he had his arm around her. They were in their caps and gowns it must be a graduation photo. I read the caption "couldn't have done it without you ❤️ #grad2019".

I clicked on her profile. Why? I don't know. I scrolled back and found the same photo on her profile, and then I went back further and found a couple more photos of them together. It definitely seems like they're a couple. Or were. I can't tell he hasn't posted anything of her in over a year.

Why am I so obsessed with this?

I don't care.

Over it.

-Noah's P.O.V-

I took my headphones out and grabbed my water bottle as I headed to the change rooms. I'd just finished my morning workout, even though it's the afternoon. I had a late night last night. I gathered my things and grabbed a shower. It wasn't very busy so I was the only one here, which was nice, it gave me a chance to think. I took my clothes off and stepped into the steaming hot water, pushing my hair back and taking a deep breath. It was nice to get a workout in, I finally found a gym I liked here and it's not too busy. I usually go really early in the mornings so there's hardly anyone around. I turned up the heat and let the hot water burn down my back. One of the best feelings after a workout honestly. I closed my eyes and let myself rest for a second, but when I opened them I saw her. Kylie. She walked towards me, the steam from the shower moving around her naked body. She moved slowly towards me and grabbed my hands, twisting her fingers with mine. She leaned into kiss me, I closed my eyes, nothing, I opened them and she was gone. Then I realized it wasn't real.

Why do I do this to myself.

Obviously it's a horrible idea, sleeping with a coworker. So I keep suppressing the emotions and I forget about it. She's way out of my league anyways.

After getting out of the shower and getting dressed, I picked up my phone and opened Instagram. I scrolled through my feed and saw I was tagged in a post from Chris at work. It was from last night. I noticed Kylie was tagged in it, I clicked on her profile and scrolled through her photos. I came across a photo of her in her car, she is really hot I'll admit that. I did the impulsive thing and followed her though. It's less weird to follow her now since we're tagged in a photo together.

It was around noon when my phone buzzed, Kylie requested to follow me back. I accepted immediately, maybe a little too fast. Oops. I carried on with my day, picked up groceries, did laundry, the usual weekend chores. My room mate Connor was just getting home from his girlfriends. I heard him knock at my door.

"Yeah" I called through the door.

"War zone?" He asked peaking his head into my room.

"Sure" I said getting up. I sat down at my computer, put my headset on and started choosing my load out. Yes we play from different rooms.

"How you feelin about the new job?" Connor said over his mic.

"It's good, first week in and they already invite me out for drinks" I boasted.

"Niiiiice, you don't drink though clearly cause you drive yourself home" he teased

"Yeah I don't know them well enough to crash at any of their places yet and a cab would be way too much" I defended myself.

"True, any cute girls at this new place?" He asked.

"Naaaahhhh" I brushed off the subject.

"So just all dudes" he asked.

"Well no like I work with girls they're just in a different department than me" I explained

"And they're just butt ugly all of em right" he joked.

"Bro I can't think like that it's too tricky gettin mixed up with girls you work with" I said.

"You've been single for like a whole year now and you've been making excuses not to put yourself out there ever since you and Nat broke up." He said.

"She was my first real girlfriend we were together for 5 years and she just decided to end everything to move to Scotland, I feel like I deserve a year to got over that." I said getting heated.

"I get it man it fucked you up. But like also I feel like you need to blow off some steam. Not only have you been single for a year but you haven't gotten laid either dude that's gotta suck" he laughed.

"Hey man it is what it is" I laughed with him.

"All I'm sayin is maybe you do work with nice lookin girls and maybe you just mess around maybe you just play the field. No need to settle down and start anything serious cause that's where things get messy. Just do you man." He said.

He was right. Was he? I don't know I've never been that type of guy, but I can, I feel like there could be a whole new me out there. I'll never know unless I try I guess.