4. Ace McKinley

Adam held the school doors open for me, giving me a wink. I looked down kinda blushing. As we walked into crowds of students, I noticed a bunch of people I had surprisingly known. Adam knew a few guys from his hockey camp so as he reunited with them, I kept walking and stared down at my paper.

Hmm freshman lockers to the left? Or straight then left? Numbers 70+ right? No that's not it...is it?

I felt myself stumble backwards hitting my head against a book. I opened my eyes and looked up noticing a familiar blonde boy.

"Oh I am so, so, sorry. Here let me help you-" I cut him off as I sat up.

"Nah, it's all good, I got it. Don't worry bout it." As I stood up, he stood up at the same time and we both wobbled backwards again at us being so close. He looked a little scared so I started laughing which put him at ease who also started laughing. I noticed it was the boy who I had made eye contact with today.

"Your the-" he cut me off.

"Boy next door? Yes. That's me." We both laughed because he was the "boy next door".

"First day and I've already knocked down a pretty girls books." He had gathered my books and he handed it to me. I smiled at him.

"Thank you. I was just stopping by my locker."

"Same here." He chuckled. "Sorry for not introducing myself. I'm Ace. Ace McKinley." He held out his hand. I did the same thing with Adam. I side ways high fived him and then fist bumped him. He laughed at me.

"I'm not a person that does proper handshakes. My names Brynn." I told him.

"I can see that." He said smiling.

"Um I have to go. I'll see you around, Ace."

"Yeah, see yuh." We both turned but started walking the same ways looking at our paper. We soon noticed that we were going to the same lockers next to each other. We started laughing.

"I guess that wasn't goodbye after all." He said unlocking his combination.

"Yeah," I chuckled. I put away a few books and some of my smaller hockey gear. "Um, actually I was just on my way to the auditorium. Do you wanna join me and some of my friends?" He shut his locker door and turned to me.

"Hmmm, That would be pretty nice. But due to my busy packed schedule, I don't know with having met so many people." He smirked saying sarcastically. "But you are the first." He gave me a sweet smile which I returned.

"I'll take that as a yes then, mr.popular." I smiled. We turned to head towards the place where the Ducks and I said we would meet. Speaking of the Ducks, that was only like 1/3 of us. Where was Charlie and the rest?

Ace told me he was originally from San Jose but then moved here. I told him about the Ducks and introduced him once we got there.

"Man, Brynn already making friends? I told you, your too well known around here." Russ joked around rolling his eyes. I laughed.

"This is Ace, but you can call him the boy next door." Ace looked down smiling.

"Why would he hangout with us? We're part of the hockey team on scholarship he's not one of us." Adam said giving Ace a disgusted look. I scolded him which he then looked down. Connie and Russ looked embarrassed and apologized.

"It's okay. I understand. Where I'm from, people have their clique's too, so I know how you feel dude." Ace said Giving a small shy smile, his hands in his pockets.

"Oh don't mind Banks here. You can sit with us whenever you'd like!" Connie told him being sweet like she is. His smile showed he felt more reassured.