13. But a tie isn't a loss...it's worse

The freshman had their first game today and of course, even after what they did, I was still going to support them. I rolled out of bed and I had gotten amazing sleep last night. I put on this playlist I had named "Driving at Night Vibes" and I listened to the songs. I had picked out to wear a Eden Hall Varsity letterman jacket over a black hoodie this time with black jeans. I put Charlie's sneakers he left here with the outfit. They were like the ones he gave me, red and white, except a different design.

[skip to right before the game]

I walked into the arena with Adam and varsity made us sit with them. Me and Adam only sat there because of the nice varsity players like Micheal, Jake, Omar, and a few others. I saw the girl Charlie was talking to on the second or third day of school, I found out her name was Linda I think. I got up from my seat and made my way to talk to her.

"Hey, your Charlie's friend right?" She had noticed me before I even sat down.

"Yep that's me. Your Linda right?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know I didn't like you guys at first, but your buddy convinced me to come to watch a game and I regret what I said. I'm really sorry if I offended you guys by judging you for being jocks." She had a sweet smile and at this moment, I knew Charlie had picked out a stubborn keeper. She seemed worth the chase.

"Nah it's alright really. But Charlie didn't get you to come to a hockey game free willing so what's the catch?" I smirked asking her and she laughed.

"You know him too well. He said if I liked watching the hockey game then I have to go on a date with him but if not then he'll forget he ever said anything and leave me alone." She kept her gaze on Charlie and winced at the sight of him getting checked into the boards.

Yep, she wasn't the sports type.

"And so far?" I asked her waiting for an answer.

She started nodding her head. "I am kinda enjoying myself." I smiled.

"That's great. Charlie is an amazing kid you'll see that, he fights for his friends and team mates but he would never do you wrong." She nodded smiling. I started walking away as I was still talking. I was off the bleachers now and walking towards my team but I turned around and called out to her.

"You won't regret it, promise you that!" I smiled at her. I saw she smiled back before I turned to head back to my team. Well they were my "team" but they weren't my original real team. That spot will always be taken by the Ducks.

"Who was that?" Adam asked curious again.

"Oh you'll see...Charlie's soon to be girlfriend." I smirked and Adam's face turned into a smirk too.

"You did not." He said.

"Oh but I did."

He laughed wrapping an arm around me. I saw Gilbert with his helmet off skating around looking out at the crowd. He noticed me and smiled. I waved and smiled before I got up to walk to the glass and he skated towards me.

"Good luck!" I shouted at him.

"Thanks, I'll need it!" He said back before skating away. The game started, every one taking their places.