18. White Trash

I went to Charlie's house to check on him. As I approached the Conways beautiful apartment, I stood outside and knocked. I was a little worried for Charlie's words. We have a bad habit of saying or doing things when we're upset. We will become completely different people because we'll say we don't care, don't wanna talk to any one, don't want to hang around any one, or stuff like that and we'll totally distance ourselves from any one and every one.

Miss Conway opened the door greeting me with a sympathetic smile. She didn't even have to say anything, for I dropped my bag and just hugged her for a minute or two. It was like a comfortable hug that just made me really relax and sink into her arms.

"Charlie's on the roof." She said with a smile finally releasing and her hands were still in my arms. I nodded smiling and grabbed my bag walking into the house. I walked onto the roof, he was laying there with his headphones on. He saw me and sat up. I walked over to him and sat next to him. The sun was just setting. It was less than 2 minutes when he was crying into my shoulder which then made me cry.

We sat there, pouring out our feelings, as if we were never getting put back together. The pieces of our soul quickly unfolding as we kept sulking to no one but the sky, or as if it was Hans himself. Like he was looking down at us or he was watching over us, spilling out every dripping tear, with a small piece of our hearts inside each one.

Charlie finally looked up with tears still stained into his cheek. "Bombay said the funerals going to be this weekend." He said. I looked down not sure if I even wanted to be there.

"Yeah. I just..don't know if I could really go. I guess it just depends on how I'm feeling that day." I looked out over the huge but small city as Charlie nodded.

"Well if one of us goes, we're dragging the other, because we can't be without each other." Charlie said then looked at me. "And we both know this." He said giving me a mom look which caused me to smile. "There's the beautiful smile that belongs on that face." He said putting his arm around my shoulder. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"True and shut up, your being too sweet." I told him. It was silent for a moment as we look at the bustling streets and buildings in front of us.

"I just wish there was a goodbye, Charlie. And I wish there was more time. It seemed as if...time was standing still and nothing seemed to be a problem." I kept saying a little confusion in my voice.

"If only Brynn. If only." He said and it was silent the rest of the time as we watched the city and he rubbed my arm giving me comfort.

I finally went home later on. It was a horrible day but it wasn't terrible and could have been worse. I walked through the door and I immediately just went over and hugged my mom.

"Oh..uh." She was took back at first but then hugged me back. "I know, it's okay." She told me while rubbing my back. "You need to get some sleep tonight and have a good fresh new day tomorrow." She told me. I nodded and headed up stairs to take a shower.

The next morning I woke up and was not at all feeling it, so I didn't care what I wore. I threw on Nike grey sweats with a flannel over a hoodie and some sneakers.

Outfit: