8. Hallway skateboarding

[time skip from Monday night to Wednesday Morning. Today is the day of try outs, so we just skipped.]

I woke up refreshed and ready for the day. Today was an important day that could define our futures. And with a new coach, I'm honestly pretty scared. I woke up to my music playing and one of my favorite songs was playing. As soon as I got out of bed I danced over to my closet. It was an upbeat deep song, if you listened to the lyrics. I pulled out a grey vintage looking t-shirt that read "Virginia City est. 1859" and put a Nike black and white windbreaker over it leaving it unzipped. I put one some regular baggy jeans with a few big open rips and high top vans. I also put on a black Nike hat backwards. I hurriedly Dutch braided my hair into two.

As I opened the door dancing the salsa to the music not noticing what I was looking at, Adam and Charlie were standing there but I mistaken their figures as my mom so I still went into the bathroom doing my routine

As I opened the door dancing the salsa to the music not noticing what I was looking at, Adam and Charlie were standing there but I mistaken their figures as my mom so I still went into the bathroom doing my routine. I opened the door walking out noticing them. I jumped a little.

"Um how long have you been there?" Charlie was smiling and Adam was laughing.

"Long enough to see your salsa dance lesson. Why are you so cheerful huh?" Charlie smiled and nudged me.

"Well I don't know really. I just woke up energized and my favorite song was on. Also I guess I'm happy but nervous for try outs today." I said while walking down the stairs.

"You know, I like the drip, but you kinda look like a lesbian. Won't lie." Charlie said giving me a confused look. I rolled my eyes as I ate some biscuits for breakfast. As I was getting it ready, I was also making conversation with them.

"He's right." Adam said laughing.

"Okay well you know what, I think I look pretty good. Like today I actually kinda tried, usually I just throw on what's in my closet but I tried and look how I turned out? BAM!" I said and my mom jumped when I said that. I started laughing. She hit me playfully smiling.

"We have a lot of time honestly." I looked at the clock. It was only 7:15 we don't have to leave the house till 7:35 and school doesn't start till 8.

"Hey I heard there's a new coffee shop down town. Wanna check it out?" Adam asked us. Charlie nodded and I shrugged. I grabbed my bag and hockey bag full of all of my practice stuff. We all had two bags for practice.

We walked a couple of miles, the good thing about my home was that it was close to everything in town. We walked into a small really nice shop with the waiters who were pretty nice.

"What can I help you with today?" The man said with a kind face.

"I'll take a cinnamon dolce please." I smiled.

"One regular iced coffee please." Charlie had ordered and Adam got the same as him.

"Y'all are plain, dude." I said laughing. Adam rolled his eyes and put his arm around my shoulder.