Goodbye for now

Lindsey looked sadly at a photo of her and Freddie. She glanced around the house. It held so many memories. She stood up. I need a holiday she thought. "Girls." She called. Libby and Molly came rushing down the stairs. "Yes mum?" They asked. "Fancy going to America for a week or so?" She smiled. They nodded quickly and jumped around happily.

Lindsey looked up half an hour later. "All done." We leave tomorrow morning! Libby and Molly grinned widely.

__________

Mercy's fingers reached towards Kiera's. "Grab hold of my hand." She urged. Kiera took a deep breath and she quickly grabbed hold on Mercy's hand. "Celine, grab her other hand and help me pull her up." Mercy said in a calm voice. Celine reached out and grabbed Kiera's hand. "Pull her up now!" Mercy exclaimed.

Kiera felt herself being pulled over the fence. The panic disappeared. Mercy pulled her into a hug. "Don't ever scare me like that again!!" She said. "How can I loose my favourite youngest sister?" She winked. Kiera laughed. "Sorry." She sighed.

__________

Jess began to panic. "Shania?" She asked. She bit her lip. Shania's eyes shifted to Jess. She shook her head. "I... I." She stuttered. Then all of a sudden fell to the floor in shock. Jess was so confused. "I don't understand. Please tell me what's happened." Jess pleaded.

Shania moved onto the sofa. "It was my half brother." She said slowly in a shaky voice. Jess raised her eyebrow. "What did he want?" She asked. "He said..." Shania stopped. A tear rolled down her cheek. "He said if I didn't do everything he wants me to do then he is going to kill us all." Shania cried.

Jess gasped.

_________

Lindsey knocked on the door to the McQueens. Nobody answered. She knocked again. After a while Jess came to the door. "Is Shania or Kiera in?" She asked. "Now isn't a great time." Jess said. "No it's fine!" Shania said as she rushed to the door. "Come in." She smiled at Lindsey. Lindsey entered.

"I've decided to go on a holiday with the girls." Lindsey started. Shania nodded. "I think that's a good idea." Shania replied. "How long for?" She added. "I'm not sure yet." Lindsey said sadly. "We all just need a break." "I know, well I hope you have a lovely time!" Shania smiled. "Thank you! Well I really must be getting on." Lindsey said as she stood up. "See you Linds." Shania said softly as she embraced her. "Send Molly and Libby my love!" Lindsey nodded. "I will."

__________

Mercy walked Kiera back to the car and Celine followed behind. "Let's get you home." Mercy smiled.

It was a long drive home. Nobody talked much. As soon as they reached the house Kiera ran inside. As she entered she froze. "What's wrong sis?" She asked Shania. Shania shook her head. Mercy and Celine walked in just as Shania looked up. "Mercy!" She exclaimed. "Harry rung again." Mercy gasped. "What did he say?" She asked. "He said if I don't do everything he wants he's kill us all." Shania cried. Mercy's eyes widened. Kiera gasped in shock and Celine just stood there in shock. "What?" Kiera screamed.