Chapter 20

Morning: 6:00 A.M

Momo's POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud thump. I sat up and looked to my side to find that Y/N was not there. I checked the time on my phone and thought that it was weird that she had disappeared.

"Princess? Are you there? Did you go to the washroom or something?" I asked aloud to the darkness of the room.

I waited for a few seconds but received no reply like I expected. Another loud thump came from outside of the room, causing me to jump in surprise. The sound didn't seem very natural and my thoughts started to run wild.

I jumped out of the bed and made my way to the door. I slowly opened the door and peeked my head out into the hallway. None of the lights were on; even the lights in the bathroom were off. There was an eerie silence that made a chill run down my back.

"Hello? Is anyone awake?" I called out once again into the darkness.

No reply came once again. I tightened my grip on the door and took a deep breath. My heart was starting to race at the uncertainty around what was happening. I let go of the door and walked out into the hallway.

"Princess? Are you there? If this is a joke, it's not funny," I called out as I slowly inched my way towards the living room.

The darkness of the condo made the entire situation even creepier. I don't do well when it comes to horror and was easily scared by the smallest things. Jeongyeon was the one who liked to prank me the most, and it always made me yell at her.

I made my way into the living room. Everything was still dark, so I was blindly walking around. My foot made contact with something on the ground where there shouldn't be anything. I felt my way to the light switches and flipped them on.

"PRINCESS?!" I screamed the moment I turned around.

I rushed towards Y/N's body that was lying on the ground. There was blood pooling underneath her body. I fell to the ground and cradled Y/N's body in my arms. Tears started to stream from my eyes as I began sobbing uncontrollably.

"No! No! No! This isn't happening! This isn't happening!" I screamed.

I called out for help, but no one came to my aid. I suddenly heard footsteps coming from behind me. I looked over my shoulder to find a dark figure standing over me. I looked down at their hand to see a bloodied knife.

---

Saturday: Just Past Midnight

3rd Person POV

Y/N woke up to the shaking of her bed. She quickly sat up and looked to her side. Her eyes went wide in surprise as she found Momo shaking uncontrollably in her sleep. The older woman's breathing was ragged and discomfort was written all over her face.

"Y/N... No... Don't... Die..." Momo muttered as tears started to fall from her closed eyes.

Y/N was shocked by what Momo had muttered. She quickly shook Momo's body in an attempt to snap the older woman out of her supposed nightmare. Momo's eyes shot wide open while her face showed evident fear. Her breathing became deep with strong exhales of air as if she was gasping for air.

Momo's eyes darted around before landing on Y/N who was showing evident concern with tears forming in the corner of her eyes. Momo instantly sat up and pulled Y/N into a hug. She began sobbing as she tightened her grip around the younger woman.

"Thank God you're alive... Thank God..." Momo whispered as she continued sobbing.

Y/N wasn't sure what happened in Momo's nightmare, but she knew what she had to do. She wrapped her left arm around Momo's body and reached her right hand up to caress the older woman's head. She whispered reassuring words that evidently had an effect on Momo as the older woman's sobs died down to a periodic sniffle.