Chapter 56

Tori sat down on the couch and started browsing on her phone—tapping ang clicking whenever she sees something interesting. That's her lifestyle since their semestral break started. Sleep, browse on phone, eat and repeat, but there was a certain thing she wanted to do ever since the school break had started.

"Pa'no ba?" tanong niya sa sarili niya nang pabulong.

She started playing with her fingers as she began to think what she should do to perform the action nicely. She doesn't like wasting time, but when it comes to critical thinking, she decided that she needed to waste a little bit of her time to think of the best possible way.

She took a deep breath and tapped the green button on her phone to call Paul. It was her first time attempting to call him so, she was very anxious. "Please, answer..." she whispered to herself as she closed her eyes and waited for Paul to answer.

"Hello?" When she heard Paul's attractive deep voice, her eyes widened and fixed herself up.

"H-hello?" She tried her best not to stutter, but she just did.

She heard a chuckle, "Tori? How are you?" tanong ni Paul.

"I-I'm okay..."

Habang kinakausap niya si Paul, ramdam niya ang pag-init ng kanyang pisngi. Napapansin din niya ang pamumula niya simula nang marinig niya ang boses ni Paul.

"Nice to hear that pero... may kailangan ka ba?"

Silence was built for a moment until she spoke again—trying not to be nervous. "P-pwede ba tayong magkita... sa school gate?"

"Hmm, sure!" Paul answered.

"What time ba?"

"Now, saglit lang naman 'yon..."

"Oh, okay. Sige, papunta na ako... ingat ka sa pagpunta ro'n ha?" A smile was formed across her face after hearing Paul.

"Ikaw rin... mag-iingat ka," sagot niya.

"Salamat, ibababa ko na 'yung call."

When the call had ended, Tori immediately stood up from her seat and took a deep breath.

"A great opportunity must not be wasted," she said to herself.

***

Paul got off from his car and closed the door. He started to feel the cold breeze of the wind as he stood outside the school gate where Tori told him to see her. Basically, he arrived first so he started waiting for the lady to arrive.

He suddenly took a glance into the sky and noticed that the clouds were already forming, rain is about to pour in any moment.

"Paul!" Dinig ni Paul ang sigaw ng isang babae mula sa malayo at doon niya nakita si Tori na mabilis na tumatakbo papalapit sa kanya.

She stopped in front of Paul and started catching her breath. "Paul... sorry ngayon lang..."

"Gusto mo ba ng tubig? May tubig ako sa kotse, gusto mo ba?" tanong ni Paul. He patted her shoulder and tried to take a glimpse of her face.

Even though it was cold, Tori was sweating too much since she ran, wanting him not wait.

"Hindi, hindi... okay lang ako..." Tori took a deep breath and sat down on the bench outside the school gate.

Mabagal namang tumango si Paul habang pinagmamasdan si Tori. "Sige, pahinga ka muna." Paul took a seat beside her.

"Kumusta naman ang sembreak mo?" tanong ni Paul habang nakasandal sa inuupuan nila.