Chapter 52

"Glenn..."

"You're welcome," sagot ni Glenn. Hindi magawang mayakap ang dalaga dahil naroroon lahat ng kamag-anak nito na nakatitig sa kanila, lalong lalo na ang kanyang mga magulang.

"Shall we start the celebration?" tanong naman ni Mrs. Ly sa kanilang lahat.

"Sige po, tita!"

"Start na po!" sigaw naman ng mga kaibigan ni Alishabeth.

***

Alishabeth's birthday party started, her friends gave a short, but special message for her and after giving messages, everyone took pictures with the birthday celebrant and wished her the best.

"Maddie..." bulong ni Alishabeth.

Napatingin naman si Madison sa kanya. Tinuon ang pansin kay Alishabeth at binigyan ito ng mukhang nagtataka dahil kanina pa siya binubulungan ni Alishabeth at kanina pa ito hindi mapakali.

"Hello? Ano ba 'yon?" tanong naman ni Madison. She waved her hand in front of Alishabeth's face to catch her attention.

"Masarap ba luto ko?"

Madison raised an eyebrow after hearing Alishabeth's weird question—thought it was a serious question. It made her stare at her for a long time. Katahimikan ang namuo sa pagitan nilang dalawa nang magtitigan sa isa't isa.

"Of course! Ba't mo naman natanong?" Muling itinuloy ni Madison ang pagsubo niya ng pagkain habang nag-aantay ng sagot mula kay Alishabeth.

"Wala lang, gusto ko lang naman itanong..."

"Happy birthday!" someone greeted her from behind. When Alishabeth turned her head at the back, her eyes saw Sabrina's presence—standing in front of them while holding something on her hands.

"Thank you, 'buti naman at nakapunta ka." Alishabeth stood up from her seat and moved forward to Sabrina, wanting to hug her, but she couldn't.

On the other hand, Sabrina immediately hugged her without hesitation. She knew she did something unpleasant to Alishabeth and giving Alishabeth a hug was her only option.

"You're welcome," sagot ni Sabrina. She handed the gift she bought for Alishabeth, hoping that she would like it.

Nang makuha ni Alishabeth ang regalo, natulala siya kay Sabrina. "I... thought you were still mad at me."

Bahagya namang ngumiti si Sabrina. "I thought so too..."

Eunice's eyes remained at the two as she started inspecting Sabrina's actions since she knew that everything wasn't still settled and doing great. In case something unlikable happens, she would be there to prevent it from happening. She knows her best friend, she genuinely knows her from the very beginning.

"Sabrina... when will you change?"

***

"Salamat po sa pagpunta," isa-isang pinasalamatan ni Alishabeth ang mga kamag-anak niya.

It was time for them to go home. Mayro'n din silang mga dapat asikasuhin bukod pa sa kaarawan ng minamahal nilang pamangkin, pinsan at apo na si Alishabeth.

"Ate Ayisha... babye ate." Alishabeth took a glance at her 4-year-old cousin that was trying to bid farewell.

Dali-dali naman niya itong binuhat at hinalikan sa pisngi. Noah, her youngest cousin on her mother's side. For Alishabeth, he's the cutest and lovable cousin.