Day 16

MORNING RITUALS!

I gotta admit, this was cute.

And since I'm trying to keep most of these connected, we'll say the last two chapters were dreams

So, let's goooooo!!!!!

-------------

Army, as per most of the time, was up first. He rose as the sun did, pressing a kiss to his lover's face and a quick whisper of "I love you" and he was up.

The octo pulled the covers back over Aloha, and quickly got out of his kigurumi. He neatly folded the cloth and set it in the dirty clothes hamper. He checked the calendar; Today was a battle day for them. AKA, really any weekday. It was the weekends and special holidays that were saved for complete days off. Although Wednesday was a half day for them. That aside, Army slipped on his leggings and grabbed his parka, so it wouldn't get dirty through his routine.

Army walked to the bathroom, to brush his teeth, do his makeup (for his army stripes, and to hide his octoling eye markings), and use the toilet. Showers were taken really only before bed unless Army absolutely reeked or he and Aloha didn't clean up after sex.

After that, he actually slid on his parka and headed to the kitchen to start breakfast. After all, he needed to widen his cooking to more than just curry. So, today, he decided to try some simple eggs and toast, along with some bacon. (A/N: I'm getting hungry writing this....)

Well, everything sizzling, and the smell of the bacon, managed to wake Aloha up. The inkling sat up and stretched his arms high, before sliding out of bed.

First thing Aloha did was get fully dressed, taking off his own kigurumi and tossing it in the hamper, before putting on his shirt and shorts. He put up his tentacles in a messy bun, leaving one down to frame his face.

Like Army, his next stop was the bathroom to use the toilet, brush his teeth, and do makeup. Unlike Army who does his to hide who he is, and purely for his aesthetic, Aloha used his contour pallet to make his face look a bit...well, less feminine. And of course a little eyeliner.

Aloha then headed to the kitchen, where Army had placed the finished breakfast onto two plates. And hey! The toast was only slightly burnt this time. Aloha smiled, and walked over to give Army a kiss. "Morning, babe."

Army smiled. "Good morning, love. Sleep okay?"

Aloha nodded. "Yep. Did you?"

"Yeah, although I did have a few strange dreams...You were a prince, in one of them." The octo said. "Honestly, it suited you."

The inkling blushed slightly. "Well, hey, maybe we have an idea for next year's Halloween costumes."

"Maybe." Army smiled. "Now, eat up! We've got a battle against Team X-Blood. You'll need your strength." He gave Aloha a plate of food.

Aloha smiled. "Damn. How did I deserve you?"

"Easy answer: You were so persistent in trying to date me. Honestly, I admired that along with everything else." Army answered.

-----------

Rushed, but cute-