Day 17

SPOONING

Okay this was fun to write.

Also I ran out of alarmy pics so here's some memes

But also. Angst. I had to add angst. So, here's some angst.

Warning for mentions of s*xual assault. Please skip if you are not okay with that.

------

Aloha jolted up from his sleep, breathing hard and wide awake. His face felt wet, and he knew he'd been crying. He's cried in his sleep countless times and he didn't need a second thought to realize he'd been dreaming about....well, bad memories.

He remembered it so vividly. Nightmares were like that. You remember them like your own name and for dreams, they're as fleeting as melting snowflakes.

Well, although there was a brief lagging period, Aloha felt the shifting of the man next to him and realized he'd woken Army up. "Love, go back to sleep."

Army sat up, placing a hand on Aloha's shoulder. After three years of dating, the octoling knew when something was bothering Aloha. "Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"J-just..." Aloha sighed. "It w-was just a nightmare."

"It's more than that. Just...What's wrong? I can't help you if I don't know."

The inkling took a shaky breath. "W-well, you know how b-before my transition, my c-chest was p-pretty big?"

Army nodded. "Yeah. Did...did you get-"

"Y-yeah...A l-lot of older g-guys t-thought, j-just since m-my body was m-more mature, T-they could get with m-me..." Aloha explained, breaking down into sobs. "A-and w-when I said n-no, they...They-"

"You don't have to finish that sentence, love." Army said, wrapping his arms around Aloha's shoulders. "So....Your nightmare was about that?"

Aloha nodded, clinging onto Army. "K-kind of... I w-was in my p-pre surgery b-body, a-and... I f-felt hands. G-grabbing onto m-me and c-covering my mouth so I c-couldn't scream... It's a r-recurring one..."

Army only tightened his hold. "Hey...It's alright. Just next time this happens, don't hesitate to wake me up, alright?"

"A-alright..."

"Good. So, just calm down and head to sleep, alright? I'll be here." Army said. Aloha nodded, and turned around to face the edge of the bed, already knowing what Army was going to do.

So, Army wrapped his arms around Aloha, pulling him close to himself. Aloha had to admit, it was always a little awkward to be spooned by the smaller cephaling, here, but it did wonders to calm him down.

Soon after, Aloha let his eyes close. He leaned back into Army's chest, and let himself fall asleep.