Chapter Seven

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Seven:

"Glo?" Narvana asked apprehensively as she approached him on the sparring ground.

He turned around with a smile, his visage changing when he noticed her stiff countenance. "Is everything okay?"

"Can I have a word?"

He inclined his head and followed her as she turned and practically glided away; her pale blue dress shimmering around her feet.

Sitting down in Elrond's office, where the Lord was busy looking through papers, he frowned at her as she began pacing.

"Nar. Relax." Elrond's words snapped her out of her slight trance and she sunk into an armchair opposite the golden-haired warrior.

"Okay." She leant forward. "I know that you are aware I have been keeping something from you."

Glorfindel nodded his head sharply, eyebrows still furrowed. "I have. But I didn't say anything because I didn't want you to feel pressured to tell me something which you are not ready to."

She smiled at him genuinely, emerald eyes lighting up. "And that is one of the reasons you are my best friend." Narvana then wrung her hands. "If I'm honest, it's not that I was not ready to tell you, but rather I didn't want you to... pity me, I suppose, or look at me any differently."

He sighed, standing up and moving to kneel in front of her. Neither of them noticed Elrond's raised eyebrow as he made a mental note to speak with Celebrian.

"Nar. Who you once were, what you have been through will not change the fact that you are my best friend. I judge someone on who they are as a person now, and you know what?" He grabbed her hands and offered her a radiant smile. "You are an amazing person. You are kind, a fierce friend, and also inherently good. You possess a sort of inner light, which I daresay could outshine Lady Galadriel's. Your mere presence inspires hope. Don't ever forget how much you mean to me... to all of us."

Elrond felt slightly awkward and shifted in his seat uncomfortably as the other two warrior elves hugged each other tightly.

Neither of them noticed him slip out of the room to talk to his partner, shutting the door gently behind him.

Eventually, they broke apart, Glorfindel strategically looking away as she inconspicuously wiped her eyes.

He cleared his throat. "So what is it you want to tell me?"

She sighed, settling in to her chair. "Do you have time? It's a long story."

"I haven't waited over 950 years to back out now." He deadpanned with a raised eyebrow.

She chuckled slightly, taking a deep breath and beginning. "Have you ever heard of the prophecy of the Lady of the Flame?"

"Yeah it's- oh." His eyes widened with realisation. "But that would mean... 'reborn from the ashes of a dissatisfying life'... you? What?"