Chapter Sixteen

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"
"Black speech"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Sixteen:

The sun rose like a flower opening, gifting its petals unto the world. Amid the fluttering raindrops was the blush of scarlet, the warmth of tangerine. Gazing towards the shining clouds, still beneath the ethereal glow, Narvana was home.

She did not know how much time had passed. She did not have a body. All she knew was the invigorating sensation of the sun's tantalising rays.

All she knew was warmth.

It felt golden.

It took great effort for her to open her eyes, yet she managed.

The warmth was not from the sunshine.

The golden flowers were a permanent fixture, blooming with confident radiance. It was as if they understood that they were not the leaves nor the grass nor the trees, and so they became themselves all the more - eternally more resplendent for their boldness.

They stretched endlessly, seeming to glow with nothing other than their pure beauty.

If one could truly capture the hue of the infinite blue sky, tease out sacred strokes onto a fine canvas, it would be the greatest treasure to the earth.

The sky was sunless, the light seemed to spring from the golden flowers all around.

There was no breeze or bird song; no noise or sound; no sensation.

There was just flowers and sky.

Then, a woman appeared.

Her skin was dark, and seemed to glisten under the flowers' illumination. Her face was seemingly sculptured to perfection, and her eyes were a piercing blue. She was garbed in a long dress, which matched her eyes perfectly, and seemed to mirror the colour of the sea, the sky and the stars all at once.

"Much has changed since last we spoke."

Narvana looked down at her body, noting with absent shock the golden dress which encompassed her, seeming to reflect the radiance of the flowers.

The lady of the flame inclined her head respectfully, "and yet you are still as beautiful as ever, Queen Varda."

"Are you ready?" She spoke curiously.

"What for?" Azalea asked.

"To move on." The Queen of the Valar clarified, eyes deceptively blank and not belaying her true emotions.

The question caught her by surprise. "I have... completed the prophecy?"

"Oh darling, the prophecy simply is. It was never something that had to be completed. Even if you had just saved one person, you would still have been the Lady of the Flame, for it was your destiny."