Chapter Fourteen

"This is speech"
'This is thoughts'
"This is telepathy"
"Sindarin"
"Black speech"

All art belongs to their respective owners, I found them all on Pinterest and claim no ownership over any.

Potential trigger warning: mild panic attack.

I Héri -o I runya
(The lady of the flame)
Chapter Fourteen:

"Aunty Lea?" Hugo asked softly, the nine year old sidling up to her nervously at Rose's eleventh birthday party.

Azalea crouched down to his level with a blinding smile as she ruffled his hair softly. "Alright Hewie-bear?"

He smiled softly at the nickname, taking a deep breath as a stream of words vomited from his mouth, eerily reminiscent of his mother, despite his fathers looks. "What if I'm not smart enough when I go to Hogwarts? Rose is already reading third year stuff and she hasn't even gone yet! It's just I don't understand and I don't want to disappoint-"

Azalea stopped him with a gentle hand over his mouth.

"Hewie-bear, I'm gonna level with you. This-" she tapped the side of his head lightly, "is great, sure. But in the long run, there are other things that matter more than intelligence; there are more important things."

She took one of his hands and placed it over his heart. "This. This is what truly counts."

Hugo hugged her tightly.

Narvana 'awoke' with a slight start.

Elves didn't sleep, rather they rested and entered a sort of trance-like state, where they would most of the time relive memories to gain better clarity on the world around them or evoke a certain emotion.

Narvana had been reliving memories of life number one more recently - in particular, idle memories of happiness after the war in the presence of family. The thoughts were nothing too depressing or thrilling, though they were tinged with a sense of melancholy due to those they involved.

She blinked lightly to awake fully, observing the sleeping hobbit opposite her from where they sat in a small clearing, Gandalf's snores echoing softly.

After Thorin's funeral, Dain offered Bilbo his one-fourteenth share of the treasure, but the hobbit declined, receiving only two small chests, one with gold, and the other laden with silver. Bilbo, Narvana, Gandalf and Glorfindel traveled back with the wood-elf host until they reached Greenwood, before staying at Beorn's house for several days.

Bilbo returned the gems of Lasgalen which Thranduil coveted with a smile, the elven king proclaiming the hobbit an elven friend in return.

The four companions eventually came upon the troll hoard from many months before, three of them smiling sadly at the thought of (slightly) simpler times. They dug up some of the buried treasure the dwarves had buried earlier, Narvana and Glorfindel refusing to take any and Bilbo offering the majority to Gandalf to use to aid the peoples of Middle-earth.

They were about a day away from the border of the Shire, parting words lingering in the air the closer they got to the end of their journey.

Narvana smiled gently at Glorfindel as he caught her eye from opposite her, casually leant against a tree though his posture wasn't completely relaxed. They had yet to run into any orcs or goblins yet, but they could never be too careful.