Chapter 22

Damn Jung Hoseok for uncorking that bottle

Taehyung was in a rather delicate state this morning after drinking too much champagne, and the injury neighbouring his spine ached from sleeping on a foreign mattress. He winced when he sat up in bed, reaching over to guzzle a glass of water while grabbing the brand-new smartphone left at his request.

Switching the device on, he relaxed against his pillow with a twisted grimace and waited for it to boot up.

Upon arrival yesterday, the uninspiring decor of the penthouse had left him aloof, but it was nothing a renovation couldn't fix. Naturally, the rightful owner was outraged when they'd barged in uninvited, but not quite as outraged as Taehyung seeing blood splattered across the walls after Hoseok put a bullet in his head.

Such a mess.

Alas, the penthouse would suffice for the time being. It was also the closest thing to comfort he could find because - where he came from - it had once belonged to him. His first investment before he'd snuffed Jimin out and purchased the Parks' family estate.

Starting a new life - or a secondary one, in this case - had its perks, but with those perks came teething problems. It came as no surprise to discover that they were completely cut off from their world, and having no access to the business he'd spent years building was a bit of a burden.

Still, Taehyung understood that he would have to start afresh. He was already one step ahead with the legal documents he'd collected, and now that he had a functioning phone, he could create the same accounts and email addresses used for his organisation at home.

Jimin would no doubt try to cause trouble in his absence. He would search for the lovable Jinnie, but his men were under strict instructions to hide their prisoner if they so much as caught a whiff of a rescue attempt. They were also, under pain of death, not to kill Jimin or any of his friends.

Satisfied with the set up of his crucial accounts, Taehyung slid out of bed and padded butt-naked to the bathroom to switch on the shower.

It was imperative that he refresh himself after an ample amount of champagne. Gaining access to another man's life was a great matter, after all.

He was already halfway there with the identity. Sharing the exact same face as Tae - minus the scar - would benefit him significantly. His passport sat with the rest of his paperwork, but he intended to pilfer Tae's official I.D.

Once he had this, he could gain access to his personal accounts and infiltrate the House of Cards using his name. Bank details would need to be switched, removing Jimin's records and replacing them with his own, and all company information and ownership details would need to be altered, too.

With the club deeds in his possession proving that the business belonged to him, and a death certificate stating that Park Jimin was deceased, it would be difficult for anyone to lawfully argue his claim. The record of death would also be used to purchase Jimin's mansion, and if the man had not yet written a will, the house would be placed on the market by default.