Chapter 13

Yunhee assessed the crooked number "15" dangling from the door and suppressed the impulse to straighten it up

She'd asked herself countless times if visiting Hobi was going to frazzle her nerves, but after her initial text reaching out to him, it was the least she could do.

She'd invited him to the mansion for their talk, but he insisted they meet at his pad. It was a tough call; Hoseok had treated her like a piece of dirt in the parallel world, but here, he was the only guy she felt comfortable enough to speak to.

Putting her neurosis aside, Yunhee had agreed on a time, but the address Hobi had forwarded was not the place she was familiar with, and as she stood on the fourth floor of the shabby-looking building on the outskirts of Seoul, she couldn't help but wonder why he'd relocated.

Had something happened for him to lose his stylish two-bedroom flat?

Lifting her shaking hand, Yunhee knocked three times and then retreated a step to prepare herself for the greeting ahead.

To say she was anxious was an understatement, but Jin had given her his utmost support, assuring the nervous woman that he would be parked a little way down the road. He'd also provided her with a run through on how to bring a man to his knees while stuffing a can of pepper spray into her purse.

With a pale face, Yunhee had left him waiting in the car, thinking about their findings on Aristotle in the library yesterday.

She had no idea if Jin's philosophy on the four elements were of value, but a visit to the warehouse in two days with a crate of bottled water and a serving of fortitude would soon answer that.

Yunhee was also inundated with thoughts of seeing Jimin. She missed his infectious laughter, those crescent eyes when he smiled, but the scent of his cologne and the whisper of his fingers on her waist was like a taste of heaven before it was snatched ruthlessly from her clutches.

She could only presume that Jimin was at the library for the same reasons as her and Jin. He was trying to find a way home, but how long would it take? Would she see him again soon, or would he appear only in visions before fading into thin air?

A clicking lock jolted Yunhee out of her melancholy reverie and she instinctively retracted a step when the apartment door swung open.

Hobi - her closest friend and confidant - hovered with uncertainty in the entrance, the golden specks in his auburn eyes overflowing with heartache, and sheer delight as he gazed at her.

'Hey,' he croaked.

Yunhee swallowed the tight knot crawling up her throat, trying to return his broken salutation as she looked at him. 'H-hey...'

Torn between throwing herself into his arms and running back to the elevator, she kept herself huddled against the torn wallpaper decorating the corridor in hopes that it would gobble her up, but when Hobi serenaded her with a genuine smile that matched his lovely eyes, Yunhee's doubts began to dissolve.