Chapter 37

Taehyung sighed in ecstasy, the hot shower acting as a meditation of sorts as it rained over his midnight hair and rejuvenated his spirits

Conducting his corporate affairs was becoming a daily challenge when all he could think about was Hahm Yunhee, and it irked him to see his doppelgänger enjoying a leisurely jog along the river instead of focusing on restoring their relationship.

Still, Taehyung expected an update from Hoseok within the hour, keen to hear the goings-on at the beach house because he was itching to take Tae's place before Jimin returned and squandered his plans.

Carefree doppelgängers aside, there was a snippet of titillating information that he'd recently stumbled upon. Alexander Volkov was very much active, his trafficking activities disguised as a niche boutique in the heart of Moscow named Eda Thurman & Co.

Taehyung would not contact the Russian capitalist until other matters were settled, however, for the next forty-eight hours were to serve as stepping stones to his meeting with Bu Hwan. Jimin's solicitor was a crucial segment in the behemoth blueprint that governed his mind, and also the key to finalising his legitimacy over the House of Cards.

Two more days, and the club would be his.

Ruffling his locks beneath the flowing shower, Taehyung increased the water temperature, but when the humid space enclosing him became a nebula of colours, he shook out his head and gripped the slippery tiles to stop himself from keeling over.

A bedroom sculpted itself into shape. A snug mattress with white sheets below his stretched-out form, faded jeans covering his long legs, finished with a pair of woolly socks on his overlapped feet as he read a nonfiction called Every Word You Cannot Say.

Taehyung had no influence over his actions, his eyes glued to the book as he turned the pages, but he knew he'd been here before. The room was pleasantly familiar. The scarves and hats draped over the coat stand. The hairbrush on the dressing table and the framed selfie on the nightstand.

The jewellery case on the dresser with the marcasite lid, filled with photos of happy memories.

It was another memory of Tae's life with Yunhee. Months after their adventure to Crystal Kingdom, and one he was ready to embrace as the woman herself marched into the bedroom with a soggy towel in her hands.

Taehyung's fingertips squeezed the wet ceramics within the shower as his doppelgänger lowered the book and looked questioningly at a very mad Hahm Yunhee. The pretty rascal was sporting pigtails and a pair of boyish shorts beneath a strappy vest that showed the tops of her plump breasts.

Better yet, the indignant fire in her eyes was one of the most enticing things he'd ever seen.

He was definitely in trouble.

There were a million things Taehyung wanted to say, but that was not how the rules of these visions worked. Instead, he waited out the tense silence drifting between them as Yunhee glared at him and wrung the cloth between her whitening fingers.