Chapter 30

'Taehyung has a dungeon?'

'Yes,' Namjoon cackled as he creepily wriggled his fingers in Mee's aghast face, 'dark and dreary and full of giant rats with killer teeth-'

'Namjoon,' Jimin warned, his fiery eyes fixated on the heavy traffic amidst the city's hectic nightlife, 'quit it.'

'What?' his friend laughed innocently, the top half of his body twisted in the passenger seat to chat with the woman behind them. 'I'd rather tell her the truth. Least then she knows what we're up against!'

'Mee is perfectly aware of what we're up against after spending weeks in a container,' Jimin retorted as he clenched his jaw and slowed for a red. 'You don't need to frighten her anymore.'

With a strong huff, Namjoon squeezed his shoulders between the two seats and continued to entertain Mee with fiendish tales of "Kim Taehyung's lair".

At least they were distracted with their chatter. Jimin's fingers were beginning to blister from clasping the steering wheel too hard, and his febrile imagination had done nothing but blight his brain since they'd left Daechi with a suitcase of Namjoon's clothes and a box of worthless gadgets.

A whole week had passed since Jin's rescue attempt, but they hadn't given up. The team of three scoured the districts of Seoul morning and night, searching all the possible places that Taehyung could have hidden their extravagant friend.

They'd had zilch luck with the cargo containers, and Jimin couldn't help but wonder if they'd moved the man back into the mansion that same night.

It was a galling challenge, and every day spent trying to locate him was a day lost at the warehouse. But even if he could return, what then? Could he rest easy knowing that one of his best friends was in danger a trillion light years away?

Jimin shook his head and spun the wheel with his palm to take a left.

All he could do was assure himself that - as long as Taehyung was on "vacation" - Jin would remain alive. Which also meant curtailing the bastard as soon as he could, along with saving his corporation from infiltration, and protecting the woman he loved.

Golly, wasn't life just riveting.

Even from an unspeakable distance, Taehyung had the clever ability to be master of his games. The shrewd tosser knew they would comb his estate for Jin, hence changing the utility key code to Yunhee's birthday.

The skin on Jimin's fingers was undeniably chafing, and it was difficult to stay focused on the road when all he could envision was the endless list of illegal endeavours Taehyung was cooking up. He just prayed to God that his Jin and Namjoon spotted any suspicious activity before matters spiralled out of control.

In the interim, Jimin was determined to do some burrowing. He needed to find out what was in that briefcase, and after unending hours of getting nowhere locating Jin, he figured now was as good a time as any.