Chapter 27

Jimin was ready to throw a hissy fit

He hated technology, and he'd always been a bit of a novice when it came to operating it, but his incompetence had sweet FA to do with his phone network being down.

Without it, he was unable to access the internet and browse absurd phrases such as "How to open a vortex in a warehouse in Gimpo".

For the past twenty minutes, Jimin had paced the kitchen altering settings and uninstalling useless apps that he had no recollection of downloading. After two system restarts and whacking it on the counter a few times, he wasn't getting anywhere and was tempted to call the provider to give them hell.

Nothing was going his way.

Thirty-six hours had passed since he and Namjoon had almost burned down the warehouse. Jimin had tried to relax yesterday, but he was simply too restless because he couldn't get home and Jin was still missing.

Furthermore, the second vision of Yunhee was scorched into his mind, and knowing she was staying at the beach house in the other world was driving him insane. He sensed the woman's presence everywhere he went, every time he so much as moved, but feeling her aura was never enough.

Jimin longed to have her beside him so that he could feather her skin with soft kisses and tell her everything would be alright.

That, and a few other unrepeatable things.

'Stressing again?' Namjoon teased as he shuffled into the kitchen wearing a t-shirt and boxers.

'My bloody network's down,' Jimin complained, willing the one bar on his phone to become four as he took a seat.

'Mine, too,' Namjoon said as his gaze swept the leather holster and Glocks laid out on the table. 'Where's the note Jinnie left, by the way?'

'Top drawer next to the fridge,' Jimin mumbled as he distractedly played with his device settings. After a few seconds, his friend's words registered and he looked up to see him retrieving the small memo. 'Why?'

The lines on Namjoon's forehead knitted together as he held Jin's note and pulled a shopping list from beneath a magnet on the refrigerator door.

'I can't believe I didn't spot this sooner,' the man laughed, although it was far from thrilled.

'Spot what?' Jimin questioned, finally abandoning his quest to get online.

Namjoon glanced up from the missive, his fingers shaking as their eyes met.

'This isn't Jinnie's handwriting.'

'What?' Jimin bellowed, already on his feet and snatching the notes from his hand. His face twisted as he compared the two, noticing the similarities in the handwriting, but the subtle difference of the finish on a few particular letters.