Chapter 40

Jimin scrutinised his appearance in the foyer mirror while adjusting the collar of his leather jacket

The white shirt and tight, black jeans were uncommonly casual for him, but he'd grown accustomed to the trend over the weeks, and the skin that was once laden with faint bruises was in the final stages of healing.

It was a relief to see that he no longer looked like a character from The Walking Dead. Particularly after fixing his hair.

Deciding to abandon the customary silvery grey, Jimin had opted to go back to his roots. The new colour was a fresh shock of ebony, the ragged ends trimmed and swept back over his scalp, the sides shaved into a sharp undercut that defined his bone structure.

He looked great. He felt great. But he was stressing in case Yunhee didn't approve.

My, how times had changed.

Six weeks ago, Jimin was a man that shunned the idea of a relationship, too afraid to face the reality of losing a loved one again after his mother's tragic demise. But then Hahm Yunhee happened, and today, that closed off man was crapping himself as he waited for her to come downstairs.

'Raptor!' Jimin swung his arm around his back, patting the top of his arse to double check his weapon was tucked in his waistband.

Yunhee had ridiculed his idea to fly them out of the country on a private jet when he was actually prepared to do it. It was only afterwards he realised they couldn't run and hide forever. Yunhee needed his protection, but they still had a life to live.

'Phwoar!'

Jimin whirled away from the mirror, his heart pounding as Yunhee descended the staircase with a cheeky grin adorning her painted lips. Smoothing out his clothing, he took steady steps to meet her at the bottom, his jaw aching from having to hold it in place at the sheer sight of her.

Styled, loose curls. Light, flawless make-up. A pink, flowery blouse, and a pencil skirt that displayed a gorgeous pair of legs he rarely saw.

This was going to be a long, agonising night.

'You look amazing,' Jimin complimented as Yunhee's bright eyes roamed over his fashionable outfit.

'I feel overdressed,' she commented.

Jimin's hands suddenly became a nuisance, two awkward, clumpy limbs affixed to the ends of his arms that he had no clue what to do with other than to shove them deep into his pockets. 'I didn't want to overdo it because I know you prefer casual, but I can change into a suit if you-'

'Don't even think about it, Park,' Yunhee shut him down while grabbing his collar to pull him close. 'I love this jacket on you.' Jimin's fists stayed within his pockets, while hers played with the freshly shaved hair on his nape. 'I also love this colour on you.'

'You do?'

'I do.'

'Thank God,' Jimin smirked as his nose bumped hers. 'The other cost a fortune in upkeep.'