Chapter 35

Here we goooooooo

Here we goooooooo...

*

The utility door.

Always the fricking utility door.

Jimin would have preferred to use the main entrance, but someone - aka Kim Seokjin - had changed the key code in his absence, resulting in him fumbling along the gravel pathway on the east side of his property.

It wasn't the first time he'd had to stoop this level in recent weeks, but come on, his own bloody mansion?

'The shit I have to do,' Jimin mumbled as he jiggled the handle and found it locked.

At least there wasn't a keypad installed with Yunhee's birthday for the passcode.

Salvaging one of his Raptors, he eyed the windowpane and inwardly cursed at the idea of damaging his abode.

Honestly, if not for the fact that he'd spiralled through a cluster of stars a few hours ago, he'd have sworn he was back at that lunatic's estate. He never in a million years imagined breaking into his own house, and if he set the alarm off and security chased his arse through the gardens, he was going to throw a wobbly.

Gritting his teeth, Jimin smashed the pane with the butt of his gun.

The glass shattered, and he cringed when it clinked onto the utility tiles, but there was no other sound. Relieved, he whacked out the lingering shards and slid his arm through the jagged hole to unlock the entry from inside.

There was every chance Taehyung had made himself at home, and the last thing Jimin wanted was a repeat episode of being strung up, drugged, and tortured. With that in mind, he kept his gun trained beside his head and a vigilant eye on his surroundings as he stepped in and hustled to the next door.

Meticulously pulling it open, he peeked out into the empty foyer.

The residence was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, but he was ready to tackle any opposition and murder the first person who tried to stop him from being reunited with Yunhee.

The coast was clear, and so Jimin shimmied out into the ghostly hall, wondering if he needed to make a fast break for the staircase, or if he could roam freely without getting shot.

'This is madness,' he sighed as he started to manoeuvre along the gleaming marble floors. 'Sneaking around my own home, utter mad-'

'Drop it.'

Fuck.

He'd trained his man well.

The voice was terrifyingly sinister, and the gun pressed to the back of his head was going to leave a mark. Alas, the ambience was dark, and Jin obviously had no idea who he'd found roaming the halls at the crack of dawn.

In no mood to accidentally die, Jimin did as instructed, grinning like a clown when he released his Raptor and let it fall to the ground. He then lifted his hands, inch by inch, linking his fingers behind his skull as he carefully rotated to come face-to-face with his longest friend.