030 | Those Curses Again

Y/N's POV:

''Alastor Moody.'' The one-eyed madman took a piece of chalk and wrote his name down on the board in big letters. ''Ex auror, ministry malcontent. And your new professor's defence against the Dark arts He put his arms against his back and said loudly, ''I am here because Dumbledore asked me, end story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?'' The whole class was silent; no one dared to speak a word. He looked around the classroom, taking in each student, probably thinking of what their results could be. The weather was just like his name, Moody; that's how he felt.

He walked a couple of steps, looking outside the window. ''When it comes to the Dark Arts, I prefer a practical approach.'' All the students looked at each other in question and worry. ''But first, everyone can tell me, how many unforgivable curses there are.'' I sighed heavily and threw my head onto the book. Doesn't everyone know this already?

''Ms. Black, I suggest you pay attention instead of numbing yourself to sleep; you never know who might attack.'' A glint formed in his eyes, and I didn't like it. I stared back at him, not losing contact. He was testing how far I would go, and he knew I would go as far as I could. ''There are three, sir.'' Hermoine broke the silence and answered his questions. Professor Moody walked to the chalkboard and began writing. ''And why are they named like that? because they are unforgivable. A single use of them will give you a ticket, straight to Askaban.'' He threw the chalk onto a desk. ''Now, the ministry says you're too young to know about what these curses do; I say differently. You need to know what you're up against; you need to be prepared!'' He now screamed in anger; something was not right. And you need to find a different place to throw your gum away, Mr Finnister.'' The guy looked up in question, wondering how he could've seen that.

''So, which three curses are there? He did a tongue-flick and looked at us with a deadly glare. ''Weasley!'' Ron looked up in a panic at the angry teacher who took out his wand. ''Stand and give a curse.'' Ron stuttered: ''My dad told me about one, the Imperio curse.'' I snorted and laughed, making everyone look up. ''Why are you laughing, Ms Black? '' '' That curse is the easiest to fake. After Voldemort was defeated, a lot of people who were on his side said they were used and that they weren't on his side, that the Imperio curse was used. But let's be fair, at least 80% of the ones who said that were dunderheads; no one would want to use a curse on them to get such trash at their side.'' I got a snort out of Professor Moody as he walked to a small jar where a spider sat. He took off the lid and whispered, ''Imperio.'' The moment it happened, the spider was just a puppet. It was terrible to see, but everyone laughed as the spider flew around in everyone's faces.

''Fun right?! What should I do with him now? Throw him out of the window! Drown him?! '' The class got quiet again, so I just sat back and watched the show. He let the spider sit in his hand and looked at Neville. ''Longbottom, do you know another curse?'' The Cruciatus Curse.'' He sat the spider down in front of Neville and spoke: ''Crucio.'' Flashes of me using the curse on Lockhart two years ago flashed by. I was so young, yet I never regretted it. Neville had trouble looking; he wanted to faint and leave what was happening. His parents probably flashed by. ''Stop it, you see that he's hurting!'' Hermione screamed. He didn't listen; he kept going. ''Professor Moody, I suggest you stop since you don't want to lose your job.'' I stood up. This time, he stopped and looked at me. ''Just like I was told, he whispered to himself; only I could hear him. ''Then I suggest you finish the lesson with the last curse, don't you think? Ms. Black? I don't want to lose my job, He asked with pity, flicking his tongue.

I sighed, rolled my eyes, and walked up to the spider, who lay on his back, still hurting from the aftermath. Everyone stopped breathing and stared at me. ''I suggest staring at the spider, not me, I stated while I stood next to Professor Moody, pointing my wand at the spider.

''Avada Kadavra.''

''Ms. Black, stay after this lesson, please.'' Everyone left after we took notes, with the spider still lying on his back, dead.

''You didn't seem to regret using that curse.'' ''Why would I? It's just a spider.'' ''Have you used those curses before, Ms Black? '' I cleared my throat and spoke: ''You were an auror; I suggest I not answer the question since I don't want to end up with those dunderheads who got caught. '' I truly didn't care if I was sent to Azkaban; for some reason, I just didn't mind. The tongue-flick happened again. ''I am an Ex-aurora, Ms. Black; I don't care anymore; it's not my job anymore.'' I sighed and looked at the spider. ''I used the Curciatus curse before on a teacher when he wanted to erase one of my friends' memories." He nodded and made some tea.

''You're quite an interesting student, Ms. Black; I can't wait for more lessons to come. Your way of seeing things is quite amazing. I snorted. ''I just speak the truth, professor, and call me Y/N.'' He smiled and nodded. ''I would like to speak again with you sometime.'' ''Same here, professor. I'll see you next time.''

I walked out of the classroom, walking to the dungeons.