022 | The Weasleys

Y/N's POV:

''Packed your stuff, I hope?'' Professor Snape asked while raising an eyebrow and looking at all the mess I made. ''Yes, I did, professor.'' He nodded and left, getting ready to leave and drop me off at The Weasleys. After the nightmare, I had more, and since I kept getting good sleep only in his bed next to him, he agreed without saying a word about it. We didn't speak about it; we both didn't want that. I mean, it is a weird situation, but no one can or will know.

"Ready?" Snape gave out his hand. I took my suitcase in my hand and held it with my Y/H hand. The moment I did that, he looked at me, waiting for me to say that I was ready, which I did. Then we apparated.

I tried to get used to the new surroundings as I tried to stand still and not fall; thankfully, Professor Snape helped me stand still. I looked around, seeing a farm with a big house in the middle. It looked like a puzzle, but every piece was placed wrong like it was only able to hold because of magic. I loved it!

We walked towards the front door and knocked on it. A red-haired woman in her mid-40s opened the door and immediately smiled. "You just be Y/N! How lovely to have you here! Thank you so much for saying, Ginny, she has told us a lot about you, and your secret will stay safe here; we will keep you safe." I was surprised they knew, but I suppose the elders all knew who to tell and who not. I smiled back and thanked her before she opened the door for us and let us walk in.

It was a mess, but somewhat an organised mess; it was so cosy! I looked around, fascinated by every little detail. "I love the decoration! It's beautiful!" "Oh dear, it's not much, but it's home." Molly Weasley said, Humble." "Snape, you should definitely decorate your house more like this; it's so cosy!" "It's professor for you, and I decorate my house just the way I like." I snorted at the oh-so-serious tone he spoke with, earning a glare.

"Y/N!!! You're here!" I heard a familiar voice speak out loud, I turned around and hugged Ginny as fast as I could. "I'm sorry I couldn't write to you because of the whole situation," I whispered in her ear. "It's okay; otherwise, they knew you were with Professor Snape and would get their suspicions."

Snape cleared his throat and gave me a package with my potion in it for the next few weeks. "Keep it close; do not lose it." He said it sternly, and I nodded and smiled. "Thank you, professor." "It's just to protect you." "I was also thanking you for the other thing we never talked about," I spoke slowly, becoming softer by the end. He knew what I meant and just nodded before he walked away to talk with Ginny's dad, Arthur.

"And who's the new girl?" A boy's voice joined in my left ear, making me jump, but then I landed on a wall. "I think Ginny's friend is, but she seems a lot more excited for us." The wall vibrated. I looked up, seeing that I was sitting in someone's chest who looked exactly the same as the other. "Fred, George, that isn't how you should treat your guest."

A new redhead walked in; he seemed a little cocky. He walked up to me and kissed my hand. "Percy, it is, ma'am lady." I heard Fred and George, which made me snort, and Percy looked rather offended.

Guys, just stop it already! Let's eat!" Molly tried to get everyone to think. "Yes! I am starving!" I saw Ron coming in in his pyjamas. He saw me and got as red as a tomato. "Hi Ron!" He ran away. "Severus, want to join too?" Arthur asked while the two walked in. Sorry, but I can't. I still have to do some stuff." Yeah, I didn't believe one thing in that speech.

"Liar! You come and eat right now!" I saw him glaring but silently agreeing.

Snape's POV:

This damn girl knows me too well; she can see right through my lies. I don't like dining with people I don't know.

We all sat down, and everyone began talking as the food was presented—summer salad. I didn't say anything; I just ate. I didn't need to talk about little things. ''You were sent away to live with Snape!'' I heard Ms Weasley whisper towards Y/N; I just acted like I didn't hear them. ''Yes, with my parents to protect me. My parents had to leave earlier, so I lived with him alone for a week or two. '' ''Isn't that awful?!'' Y/N snorted, and I listened more closely, curious to see what she would say. ''He isn't as bad as you might think. He has a calming aura around him that puts you at ease once you feel like you know him; he just has to open up a little.'' I smirked at my bite. Of course, she was right; I never talked to people, or at least never showed affection. After Lily, I couldn't.

Y/N really was comfortable, in a way. It was more like a student friend than a student. She was comforting and took most of the pressure out of the air. I didn't mind having her around, nor did I mind letting her sleep next to me. She was scared and couldn't get any proper sleep if she was alone. I wasn't close to her; I was on one side and she was on the other, but for some reason, it calmed her down. What kind of nightmares she had, I didn't know, and I still don't. But I think I never will until I get her to trust me fully. I hope one day that will come to keep her safe.