016 | The 'Black' Lake

Y/N's POV:

''Ms. Black, I know you have been absent for a week, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention to my classes. Now explain to me what the Accio charm does and how it works.'' Professor Flitwick stated, making me yawn and look up. ''The accio charm summons an object towards the caster. It is able to summon objects in the direct line of sight of the caster, as well as things out of view, by calling the object aloud after the incantation, unless the spell is cast nonverbally. This spell needs a thought behind it, and the object must be clear in the caster's mind before trying to summon it. The caster doesn't necessarily need to know the location of the target if they say the name of the object to be summoned.'' I sighed while playing with my feather, making Flitwock look in awe at my statement since it was all correct, and I just spoke it out loud like I didn't need to think about it, something I didn't need to do. On the days I didn't have to do anything at Snape's and I had done all my work, I also learned different subjects next to potions from the single books on Snape's shelf that weren't about them.

"I am sorry, professor, but I really don't see why I should even listen to this lesson if I actually know it already." Flitwick's comment was not mean or anything, but rather exciting. Well, I would love to see your work on that spell, then, Ms Black." I took my wand out and pointed it towards a student's hair. "Accio Hairband." And before I knew it, the hairband had parted herself from the student's hair and reached into my hand. "Magnificent! Ms Black, you are dismissed from this week's lessons since we will only learn this certain spell. I do want an essay about its use with 3000 words. And 15 points to Slytherin!" He laughed, making me smile back, take my stuff with me, and leave for the day. These were my last lessons; I was free today.

I went to Black Lake; I haven't been there for a long time. I missed the dark shadow that sat upon me as I looked down into the dangerous waters below. It felt like I could get sucked into the mirror of myself, be free, and finally finish all the troubles I had. The lake made me think and comprehend everything that has happened to me. How to handle things and how to successfully deal with things I mean, since the incident with Professor Snape, I can't look him in the eyes anymore because I am ashamed of something so simple that's called an accident. It doesn't make any sense to be ashamed of something you can't control, and I shouldn't do it.

''I wonder what would be inside the waters, what would hide in them, and what would live peacefully without being bothered. I remember that at the beginning of the year, in the boats where I felt like I was normal and would have fun, there was a single tentacle that showed. This is the same lake. So the squid-like, gigantic thing would live here. I wish to see it one day. ''Well, then it is probably time for you to see it! Just a monster like you is mudblood!'' I heard Parkinson's voice shout as, out of nowhere, the cold water hugged me tightly, and I couldn't come up; she held my head down.

I punched everywhere to get up, but I couldn't until I felt a big thing wrap around my waist and rip me from the hold into deeper water. I needed air, but I couldn't get up. Then, it got black; I didn't see anything anymore; it was like I looked from above. I smiled and turned around. ''Aunt Bella!'' I ran towards her and hugged her tightly. ''I thought you couldn't visit me anymore! How did you get here? Isn't it dangerous? She let out a small laugh but then looked serious again. ''It's good you are keeping your cool and not turning; the help you get from me, I have no idea what it is, but it weakens your protection and warning when I talk to you, so it gives me this moment. But don't let those children make you feel less, because you are way stronger than them. You should scare them when I leave; it would be fun to see that little nephew of mine scared to death. He's your family, and you are his; he should realise that.'' I wanted to say something else, but she was gone. I got thrown into my serious state and needed to breathe again, but I just swallowed water.

Until a big bubble of air was placed around my head. I opened my eyes and kept trying to get away from the hold, but at least I could breathe again. ''Sorry I had to drag you here, but otherwise she would've drowned you.'' The voice came from a gigantic black squid, as big as The Kraken could be in muggle stories. ''Thank you, I suppose. But why won't you let me swim up?'' ''They are still there, laughing their asses off; I don't like them.'' Then Bella's idea popped into my head. ''Can you make it look like my body is floating, letting them think they killed me?'' The squid huffed air bubbles and agreed. Before I knew it, I was lying dead still in the water; my body was shown but my head wasn't. I did get air because the squid helped me blow more air into the bubble around my face.

''O my god, Pansy, what did you do? I heard Draco scream in a high-pitched voice the moment I lay in the water, and the laughter died down into a killing silence. ''I-'' ''And what are you all doing here? You know the Black Lake is dangerous, and you all aren't allowed to get on these An angry Snape followed but quit mid-sentence. ''Is that Ms Black? Another high-pitched voice I heard was McGonagall. ''You all come with me now, Severus; you know what to do.'' McGonagall screamed again after a few seconds, trying to keep as calm as possible. Then I heard nothing anymore.

''Ms. Black, I suppose the water isn't the warmest? Perhaps you should come out.'' I turned my body and began laughing. ''You know, it's a good thing that they got scared! That way, they won't do it anymore! '' I didn't see any amusement in Snape's face. ''Don't do that. Ever. Again.'' He spoke slowly and threateningly while he dragged me out of the lake, forcing me to come with him. ''One moment!'' I turned around and waved towards the water. ''Thank you for saving my life, squiddy!" I then saw a tentacle come out of the water and wave back at me before I got dragged away.