014 | Research

Y/N's POV:

After the conversation I and Snape had, we went our separate ways in the few rooms we were locked in. Professor Snape started preparing the ingredients for the potion, and I just took a piece of parchment, a feather, and ink and looked at the blank canvas in front of me. I knew what I would write on it; I just didn't know what it would end up being. I was going to find out what happened to Ms Norris; if they wanted to tell me or not, I would find out.

I stood up and ran through the door towards all the bookshelves in Snape's room. I can't go out to look in the library; this was my only hope. I wasn't planning on waiting a few days before I would find out; I will know what it is as fast as possible.

Potions, potions, Dark arts—let's just take that one; history of Hogwarts—that will be a good one as well; muggles, spells, magical creatures—let's just take that one as well; I don't know a lot about them in general.

I laid everything down on the desk and picked up the book about the History of Hogwarts, opened it and started to read. Maybe I should do this less obvious thing in front of Professor Snape, but I really didn't mind; he was okay with me borrowing his books, and I would rather read on a desk than on the couch. Also, the sounds of ingredients getting cut and boiling water sound refreshing and calm.

I read through the whole book in a quick glance to find something about anything that may have to do with turning it into stone. The castle, the subjects, the teachers, the most famous that attended here, the rooms, and the secrets that hide within I took a look at the page, finding some pages about the Room of Requirement, my bedroom. One page after that was gone; you only saw the lines of the paper that were still stuck, the only thing left from the ripping. "Professor Snape, why is this page ripped up?" The focused professor looked up. "I have no idea; maybe what was in wasn't for your eyes to see, so they got rid of it." I huffed and wrote it down. The only thing I saw was;

The Cha
Sec
Is a my
ab history   
that    sly  
that didn't 
mugg    end   
secr   beast.

I have to say, I can't do much with it, but I wrote it down anyway. The only thing I could really make out was about a beast; something inside me welled up like it told me this was it. So I opened the book about magical creatures and started to find something I could maybe link to.

Snape's POV:

I had no idea what Y/N exactly was doing, but I didn't mind as long as she kept herself busy and wouldn't start to disturb me. I once made this potion when I was at Hogwarts myself. I was bored and alone, hidden in the restricted section of the library, where I found a book with that recipe in it. To make it, I got all the ingredients out of the pantry and got the rest from my parents, who didn't think anything of it. I made everything in the Room of Requirement my place of peace, where no one would bother me because no one could get in.

While measuring the ingredients, I took a chance at what the girl was writing. "Why is this page gone?" I took a look to also see on what page she was, The Chamber of Secrets. Oh, why?! "It probably felt like it wasn't for your eyes to see." She huffed and still wrote down the only words that were visible. She really got into this one.

She better won't talk to the Golden Three; they will all find out soon enough; Granger already found out. It's good that she got that little mirror with her; that saved her life. But it wasn't for me to take it out of her hands; the others would probably find it soon.

I didn't know what to think of Black. She isn't like her family if you just take a glance at her. But her inner anger looks exactly the same; she probably learned that through Bella's sayings. But I also feel like it has always been there, even before. She's nice—way too nice—but way too dangerous for her own good. She could bring herself into terrible danger by a simple accident.

At the beginning of this little sleepover, I thought it would be rather close to hell, but it's not that bad. We found our own ways around each other; she filled the only sounds I heard; it was still quiet but warmer as she felt herself by the day. I looked up at her desk, hoping to find more memories, but she was gone. Obviously, she got distracted, as always. I finished measuring and preparing, laid them all in the environment they needed, and walked inside. I needed a shower; I stank from the mushrooms and kobold puke. Thankfully, the bathroom is connected to my bedroom, and I could just take off a few clothes before they all got wet because of the water in the shower that a lot of times will drip on what's on the ground.

Y/N's POV:

I had thrown ink over myself; of course, I did. If someone would do it, it would be me; I am clumsy as hell.

I threw off my clothes and walked into the shower. Snape was busy with his ingredients; he wouldn't randomly walk into here, so I didn't have to tell him I was showering, right? I turned on the water and began softly singing the lullaby Aunt Bella always sang for me.

After a few minutes, I turned off the water and walked out after slamming the curtain out of my face and taking a white towel that I carefully bound around my body as I opened the door and fell on my back.

I looked up and saw Professor Snape hanging over me with his hands next to my head, looking in complete shock. "Uhhh-" he cleared his throat, standing up and looking everywhere but me. I just realised he was bare-chested and his eight-pack was showing. Wait- an eight-pack?

"Ms Black, I suggest you stand up and not stare at me in awe." I got thrown out of my utter state and did as he said. I lowered my gaze and quickly walked past him as a breeze formed, letting my h/l and h/c hair wave past his body.