001 | Happy Birthday

Y/N's POV:

Well, where do I start? I am Y/N Black, adopted by Andromeda Black and Ted Tonks. My mother was a Black but didn't want to discriminate muggles, so she was disowned, her wand was broken, and they made sure she couldn't get children. She married my dad, who saw and realised her sadness. Because of their hatred for my mother's side of the family, they adopted me as a muggle. Thinking that I was one. The moment my mom's wand broke, she married my dad, as I said, but because of her hatred towards her family, she never bought a new wand again. She lived like a muggle because she wanted to feel and know how it was. What happened to her and her family made her believe that magic itself was the reason why it broke off, and she never wanted to use magic again.

I have to say that Aunt Bella did find out about me; she just didn't know I was adopted; she thought I was from Ted before their marriage, so she didn't know that I was a muggle. For some reason, she came to visit me at night from time to time to teach me curses. I wouldn't practise them; I would listen and remember how to cast them. I promised her I wouldn't tell mom and dad, because if they found out, she wouldn't be able to visit again. I think she is really sweet; she was nice to me, even if she made wrong decisions in life.

Maybe Aunt Bella was right when she thought I was magical; at least I hope she is right. Being able to use magic would be so amazing to do; maybe I would make my mother happier so that it feels like I truly am their daughter because I can use magic!

''Y/N, come downstairs!'' My mom shouted from downstairs. I stood up and ran as hard as I could down the stairs while slamming open the door. It was my 11th birthday today! ''Calm down, dear; we don't want a broken door again.'' Dad laughed while laying down the plates on our dining table. ''Sorry, dad!'' I screamed aloud as I poofed down onto my chair. A present was sitting in front of me. ''Happy birthday, sweetheart!'' Mom smiled at me as she took her seat next to Dad.

I opened the brown box that was tied together with some brown string. As the string fell down the box and the paper folded open, a black cloak appeared with white details embroidered over the chest, a white bow in front to keep it closed, and as details, a white ribbon over the headpiece. The headpiece also had cute black devil horns on top. ''Thank you so much! It's beautiful!'' I jumped at my parents and hugged them tightly. But before anyone could speak up, a loud dunk was heard against the window.

We all looked up at the window, walked towards it, and saw an owl laying on his back in the dirt. ''What is an owl doing here?'' I asked as I opened the window and let him stand on my hand, bringing him in and putting him down on the table. The owl shook his head to let him think straight again. He pointed at his leg, which held a letter tightly.

>--------------------------------------------------------<

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., CHF. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

>--------------------------------------------------------<

Dear Ms Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

The term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall