1

Jaden:

I woke up with a pounding headache. Happens often but i want to stay home today. I wmet downstairs to eat breakfast and expect my mom to sit at the table and give me some kind of lecture on how bad caffeine is for my body and the reason for my headache, or the usual, the phone is the reason. I wanted to avoid that today so i chose to not tell her.

I opened the door to the kitchen and saw my dad standing at the counter. "Hey buddy what's up" he said. He was in a good mood. As always. "Hey dad, is mom gone?" I asked. As i look back it sounded kinda rude.

"She had to go to work earlier. An emergency." My moms a vet.

"Oh ok. Do you have some ibuprofen?" I asked, because I know dad wont give me a lecture and wont ask dumb questions.

"Yeah sure, what's wrong?" He asked as he gave the painkillers.

"Just a headache, haven't slept enough." I answered hoping he wouldn't give me a lecture on going to bed late and how i should sleep at 9pm.

"Oh ok. Do you want to skip school?" He asked. I think he saw my confused face, because he started laughing.
"No i mean it. Maybe school is the reason for your headache." He said and winked. I just noded quietly. "Here take my car and have a nice day." He handed me the car keys to his old convertible. It's a nice old white car. He usually wouldn't let me drive it, especially when moms around.

"Really?" I just asked. I just took a sip of water to get the ibuprofen pill down, but its stuck in my throat, so my voice it a bit squeaky. My day is went pretty well even though it started so bad.

"Yeah, i mean it, take it and have some fun, but be back before six. If mom sees that you're driving that car she will kill us both." Valid. "Looks like I'll go on a trip."

I just threw on some jeans and a sweatshirt. I thought about getting coffee at the drive through, or maybe even going in to stay  there a while.

"Bye dad, thanks again!" I shouted in the kitchen. I just heard a mumbled "no problem"

I thought about driving past the school in hope to see some of the jocks to piss them off that i first up skipped school and drove an old convertible. I know they love these kinds of cars because girls love them. They hope to get them around with cars. Kinda desperate but I get it. If i had a personality like a brick and no actual human feelings I would try it that way too. But as i thought about my plan to drive by I came to the conclusion to not draw the attention to me and my car too much. 

I drove down the street as I saw a girl hastily walking on the sidewalk. I didn't  recognize her until I drove by her and took a look out the window. It's Cassie. We barely know each other but she goes to my school. I think she's a sophomore too. I actually hung out with her friend group once or twice.
She clearly had some problem with her ankle, she couldn't walk normal. I decided to stop the car and ask if i could offer her a ride to school.

"Hey, Cassie right?" I asked. I just now realize how creepy that was. I'm surprised she answered.

"Yeah? And you are?" She said. That kinda hurted. But I saw that she remembered.

"Oh Jaden right? What do you want" she said and it still sounded nice, but i know she tried to be rude.

"Oh nothing, i just saw you walking there and it looked like you have an injury, so i wanted to ask if i could offer a ride to school?" Dude that was creepy.I saw that she was thinking about it. I wouldn't blame her if she said no.

"You know what? Why not. I would love it if you could drive me to school." She answered.

"Nice. Come, hop in" she git in the car and  looked around confused. "Is that your car?" She asked.

"Not really its my dads but he said i can drive it today. Do you like it?" Unbelievable, i drove that car 5 minutes and already picked up a girl. I don't blame the jocks, these cars apparently do have some effect on girls. Even if i asked her to get in.

"Yeah its cool" she answered.

"What happened to your ankle?" I asked after some moments of awkward silence.

"Oh nothing serious, I sprainted it this morning." She answered.

"Where is your backpack?" She asked and looked around the car.

"Oh I wasn't planning on going to school today." I said, plainly.

"Really? I never thought you would be that kind of guy. You seem so..."

"Boring?" I ended her sentence.

"No no not boring. You seem nerdy, but not in a bad way you know?" She tried to explain.

"No its okay. I get it, but it seems like you judge me a little bit." I said hoping it would annoy her.

"Yeah I'm sorry, I just don't know you that well." She said and I feel her looking at me. In a normal way, not a romantic or creepy way.

I thought about my next words wisely. This whole situation could've ended so awkwardly. But it didn't.

"We could change that. Wanna skip school with me?" I felt my heart beating faster. After these words came out of my mouth I instantly regretted them. Dude, that was so creepy. But I had nothing to loose. We don't know each other, if she said no we could've just went along with life and never talk about it. I waited for her response, but she thought about my offer for an unbearable amount of time.

"Yeah why not!" She answered, finally.