18

Cassie

Are you replacing me? Olivia messaged me.

What do you mean? With who?

Dude I don't know... but we never eat lunch together anymore :(

Yeah, I mean, you always eat with Cole and I don't want to third wheel....

But his friend is there too! You know, dean! He's a nice kid, y'all would be cute together :)

Jules. No. I'm not in the mood for an arranged relationship.

Yeah yeah. Sorry. But okay. I get it that you don't want to third wheel.

No hard feelings?

Nope. Love you.

I'm always so grateful for Olivia for letting me sit with her rich ass boyfriend an his entourage of rich friends, but I don't fit with them. No, its not that the poor girl doesn't fit with the rich people, I'm only wearing sweatpants typa thing. I just genuinely don't like them.

I'd rather eat alone in the restrooms or with Jaden and Lukas. Sorry Olivia .

So that's how the next few days went by. Lunch break with Jaden and Lukas. And I loved it. We talked about so much and we actually became very good friends. I enjoyed spending my time with both of them. But I wanted to skip a whole day with only Jaden again. Kinda missed that. Even if we only did that two times.

I didn't know how to ask him and I was honestly waiting for him to ask me. And I was kinda hurt that he didn't do it. So I had to ask.

After he dropped us off and drove home I decided to text him. I don't know why I was so excited or scared. It's not like we talk about the weirdest shit all the time. But I was scared that I was showing something I didn't wanna show with asking him for the simplest thing.

Hey, wanna skip tomorrow?
Sure, lunch?
Nah. The whole day.
Omg, yes. I need that. But Lukas cant come. He has this presentation tomorrow.
Oh well, then its just the two of us ;)
Nice, I'll pick you up at 8.

My heart was beating so fast. But why? It's literally just Jaden. I don't know what was wrong with me. But eventually I calmed down and fell asleep.

The next morning Jaden picked me up and we drove down in the city.

"Your parents, where they home?" Jaden asked after a lot of silence. But it wasn't some awkward silence. When I sit in the car with Jaden and we don't talk, its a really comfortable silence. A calming silence.

"Nope, they're working late again. And yours?" I asked.
"Nope. My dad is on a business trip and my mom decided to go with him. That means I'm alone now." Jaden said.
"Oh, poor you. But hey, now you could invite a girl over." I said and laughed. I knew he hated talking about love and relationships. He always gets so embarrassed.
"Oh Cassie because im so desired by girls huh?" He said and laughed too. I honestly don't get why he's not one of the desirable boys. He's smart and not ugly. And he's polite.
"Do you want to go to the beach later? We could buy bathing suits and actually go swimming!" Jaden said then. It finally got a bit warmer so that was a great idea.
"Yeah, thats a great idea!" I said and smiled. I smiled so hard I couldn't control my face. I hate when that happens.

We then ate something and got milkshakes and looked for bathing suits, or trunks for him. We just looked for something cheap.

I got a basic black bikini and he got the ugliest trunks I've ever seen. They had like palms and flowers all over them, but in like ugly colors. Weird. But they only were 5 bucks so its okay.

We arrived at the beach and because it still was sunny we decided to tan for a bit. It was so calming. I forgot about school, about everything. I think I even fell asleep for a bit. I woke up because Jaden poured some water on me. And shit it was cold.

"Dude?! What?!" I screamed. Jaden just laughed and ran in the water. I ran after him.

"Fuck you Jaden!" I screamed and laughed.
"You'll never get me!" He shouted and I ran faster. Eventually I got him and tried to hold him but he fell in the water, and he pulled me with him.

We got up and couldn't stop laughing. But he was still holding me, the way he pulled me down. It looked like we were hugging.
He stopped laughing and starred at me. I also stopped and looked him in the eyes. I got goosebumps. I don't know if it was because the water was so cold or because his eyes were the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Finally he opened his mouth, breaking this ban of our eyes, locked to each other.

"I think I want to kiss you."