13

Jaden

After I arrived at home only my dad was home, mom was still stuck at work. As always. She's barely home lately, and it makes me sad. And it makes dad sad too. But she loves her job, so we have to live with it.

"So, moms not home yet?" I asked even though I knew the answer. I didn't know how to begin a normal conversation without asking a question. Does anybody?
"Nope, they need her longer than expected. How was your day?" He said. Expected.
"Yeah it was good. I drove down to the beach." I answered. I hoped he wouldn't ask any more questions like, was I alone? Who was with me? I don't know why I was so scared about who Cassie was, well who I would tell who she is, probably because I didn't know who she was either.
"Alone? Isn't that kinda boring?"  He said. I didn't wanna tell him about Cassie. Obviously.
"No, it was therapeutic to be honest." I answered. He loves when I say stuff like that. He's big into psychology, and sometimes I wonder why he never wanted to be a Therapist. He would be an awesome Therapist.
"That's great son. Sometimes we need a day off huh?" Dad said and laughed. He's so understanding.
"Yeah thats true, I'm feeling way better now!" I said and laughed too.
"Do you want to take the car to school tomorrow? It really suits you." He asked and got a Plate for his food. He's in an excellent mood today, well, he always is.
"Yeah sure, if you're okay with it." I said.
He just smiled and gave me a thumbs up and went to his room to work. When mom isn't home he works from home. Well not always, but most of the time.

After that I went up to my room and checked my phone.
*4 new messages*

Tyler:
Dude are you home?
We missed you today
We didn't
?

I forgot to answer his texts from earlier. He hates when I ignore him. I mean who doesn't. But he always makes the biggest shit out of it. Drama queen.

Sorry. I'm home now.

Finally. I thought u were dead or smth.

Nope. Still alive.

Nice. Go to sleep. If you don't show up at school tmrw you're dead.

He sometimes acts like he's my dad. Annoying, but I love him. Keira didn't text me, but that was predictable. We rarely text. She doesn't like that for some reason, she explained it to my 2o times already but I don't get it. She's a little...weird you could say. Not in the bad weird way but in the amazing yet scary weird way. She really scares me. But I love her.

The next morning I woke up too late. Shit. I had like 10 minutes to get to school. I quickly grabbed something to eat on the way and got in the car. Tyler would have killed me if I showed up late. But obviously, today I had to sleep in.

Dad was gone that morning. Mom was asleep, she probably got home in the middle of the night. I didn't wanna wake her up so I tried to get out of the house as quiet as possible.

When I arrived I had 2 minutes to get to class. I ran in the halls, which is dangerous on its own. Firstly, if you even slightly touch another student, you'll get killed. Secondly, if a teacher sees you, you'll get killed. I don't get why the school is so strictly against it.

I just got there on time but I got lots of dirty looks. Especially from Tyler. He's a little bitch.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you Jaden" he said, and I never heard him talking so angry. He usually is the sunshine in person. A walking happy pill.
"What do you mean? I didn't hear my alarm this morning. Nothing serious dude." I whispered. I laughed, quiet.
"You act weird." Tyler whispered back. He always gets so suspicious.
"Yeah no shit I woke up like 15 minutes ago of course I act weird." I whispered and Kiera turned around to us.

"Hey whats up guys!" She said in the most friendly way. Shes always in a good mood.
"Hey Kiera, why so happy? And why is Ty so rude to me?" I asked and smiled, and acted like he wasn't there. That's like a thing we always do to fuck him off.
"Oh, nothing, and he's probably just on his period." Kiera said and winked at Tyler. He smiled sarcastically.
"Oh fuck you Kiera Harris" Tyler said and laughed, and flipped her off.
"You know I hate when you call me by my last name!" She said. Why do girls hate being called by their last name so much, boys do that all the time.
"I know thats why I do it." Tyler said and got his books from his backpack.

"Guys guys, please be quiet. The lesson starts now." Then teacher said. I hate this lesson. I hate this teacher. And she hates me too.

After that I decided to text Cassie. But I didn't know her number. But I knew Kiera had it in her phone.
"Kie, I need your phone." I said.
"Sure, but don't look at my photos." She said and smiled.
"Gross." I said and went through her contacts. She has a lot of contacts for the fact that she hates texting. I found Cassies number and sent it to me, but deleted the message on Kiera's phone, I don't want her to know about this. She would absolutely tell Tyler and he would scream it through the whole school. Even though he is so introverted most of the time, he gets pretty loud.

"Here, thanks!" I said and ran down the hall, so she couldn't ask what I needed her phone for.
"Hey! What did you do?" She screamed over to me but I didn't answer.

I went to the restrooms to text her.

Hey do you wanna skip lunch break with me?